turbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as I know, only DishNetwork uses Turbo.
And they're water tight as a frog's ass these days.
Can't even get NASA on 'em any more.
So, the FTA department doesn't pay much attention to turbo encoding.

Genpix will do it, but it's 200 bucks.

Dish does still run some turbo stuff ITC once in a while. But it's usually short lived. If you were to get a Dish account, that same $200 would probably buy you more programming than you could ever scrape up in turbo bread crumbs with a Genpix.

Cheers

lol, i got a dn acct..... just wanted the turbo for another option.... what all does the genpix do? i mite upgrade my twinhan 1020a if i like all the options there

...what all does the genpix do?...

Genpix will also do Digicipher II stuff that is in the ZK mode. You can look in the 4DTV area for more info on that. Unfortunately, this is more of a novelty than a practical application.

The biggest bummer of all is that boards that can do turbo, can't do S2 (and vise-versa). Genpix is/was coming out with another version that dropped turbo for S2, but it's either/or... not both.

While Dish does put some turbo channels ITC once in a while, there's not much benefit to it if you already have dishes aimed at the right place and a Dish receiver. Other than just being a neat thing to play with on a rainy day, the only benefit I can see is that you could record content to a HDD that's not encrypted.

But once again, you gotta catch Chuck with his pants down first. And it just doesn't happen all that often (anymore). And it doesn't last long when it does.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digiwave DGL1189S LNB (linear/circ) Review

Quality levels for G19 in north Florida with Winegard dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)