trying to add another dish network receiver...HELP PLEASE!

jazzmanmonty

Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
chicago
ok i searched this forum and can't seem to find a solution for this problem: (sorry if my terminology is off, i'm still a dish newb)

Current Equipment Setup:
1 dish pro plus and an lnb that says dpplus on it, on the back it says dishHD with two lnb plastic things, its has ports 1 2 3, a fourth port connected to an attached lnb with a metal arm.
1 Vip222k reciever

the cable runs from dish plug 1 to a triplexer in living room. we have the main tv and then two other tvs watch the same thing via dual tuner.

New Setup i'm trying to get going:
I'm adding a VIP612 dvr receiver.

MY problem, HOW TO WIRE THIS!?!?!?

I've read many conflicting things that i do/dont need a switch because a switch is supposedly built into the lnb??!? that i need to use separators? i'm losing my mind and i can't find any wiring diagram for this.

So if someone can give me a quick run through of if i need to use switches or splitters or not, and a quick description of how to wire, you will save my life!
My end outcome is i want to have the 222k in the living room working and having the dual tuner power the tv w/o receiver in spare room like now, and then the vip612dvr in bedroom that has dual tuner sat in's working to.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my dish newbiness!

Just run a RG6 coax to the LNB (port 1, 2, or 3) from the 612. Use a DPP separator at the 612 for the two sat inputs.

well the problem is that i don't currently have a separator. my receiver didn't come with one. i ran the coax to sat 1 input, it dl's and syncs with sats, but only one channel works, and the rest say that i don't have a subscription. i activated the box before the install, and when i called dish they said that it should work. does it matter right now if i don't have a separator hooked up for the time being until i get one? and should a receiver be hooked up to the dish before it is activated? thanks guys.

RESOLVED! GO FIGURE, AFTER ALL THE ATTEMPTS, DISH ACTIVATED THE BOX, BUT DIDN'T SEND AN AUTHORIZATION CODE.

receiver working fine without separator, but hd channels not looking that sharp. is this because of the missing separator?

Hooper and remote control question

VIP 622 won't power on - DVR contents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts