Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I think I have USALS setup correctly. Though the manual that came with the Coolsat 7100 receiver is completely useless, I think I understand how this is supposed to work.

My location is approximately 88.0596W 30.8415N :D I plugged in 88.1W and 30.8N as that's as close as it gets. I picked one of my closest to true south satellites 89.0W and told it to "go there" - loosened the mounting slightly and got it peaked on ABC News Now. Then told it to "recalculate." Some more fiddling, repeating this general type of process.

At this point, most of the satellites near the center of the arc (say 79 - 105) are dead-on. Near the ends of the arc I have problems. For example, if I "go to" 43W, I have to nudge it back 20 clicks to the west, change it to DiSEqC 1.2 and "save position." Similarly, for 123W, I have to go back about 12 clicks to the east.

I think the solution has got to be something pretty simple that I'm overlooking but I'm fresh out of ideas.

You most likely need to make your arc smaller by increasing the elevation (by a very little amount) of the motor bracket (not the dish elevation) The one you set for you latitude.

Also what motor are you using?

It's a DMSI SG2100, bought from Sadoun about 2 years ago, if I remember correctly.

If I increase the elevation of the motor, I would end up decreasing the elevation of the dish by an equal amount, right? And just to be safe I do it at true south?

It's a DMSI SG2100, bought from Sadoun about 2 years ago, if I remember correctly.

If I increase the elevation of the motor, I would end up decreasing the elevation of the dish by an equal amount, right? And just to be safe I do it at true south?

Correct, both have to be adjusted by a very small amount.

Thanks, that seems to have helped quite a bit. I think I ended up adjusting the motor upward about 2 degrees.

Unfortunately there is some wobble in the way I have the primestar dish "engineered" to attach to the motor and I need to rework that to get it solid. The problem now is that at the ends of the arc, gravity will pull the dish down a slight bit too far, just a slight lift back to normal alignment will make it lock on.

It is a whole lot closer now and I know what I need to do to make it right. Thanks for the assist!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

installing motorized system this weekend

LZ-404 Multi-Switch Possibilities?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts