Trouble in the Oil Field: DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csalome09

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
South Texas
So to start we are trying to set up a Satellite for our Datavan down in South Texas. We are trying to piece this together so we are not even sure if the equipment we have is going to work. We have a DirecTV Slimline SL3 Pig-P MSat ka/ku LNB with a built in multiswitch. We are running it to a DirecTV HD receiver inside the van using a coaxial cable. The receiver box is saying it is not detecting the satellite at all. We have tested the cable line and it is still good. What am I missing?

IMG_0740[1].JPGIMG_0741[1].JPG

Open the cover where you put your access card and there should be a sticker that has the model on it. It will say HR2_ - ____ for a DVR or just H2_-___ for an HD receiver. It can also be found on the back.

Hello csalome09,

The easiest way to find out the model number is to use the remote and press the menu button. It should bring up at least the Settings & Help menu if not more. Navigate (arrow buttons surrounding the Select button) to the Settings & Help location and then press Select. You should see Settings. Navigate to Settings and then press Select. You should see the following: Receiver: H2X/100 or something like it. You should also see: Receiver ID: xxxx xxxx xxxx, Access Card: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and Software: 0xxxx, Mon 1/3, 3:19p. After this the dish needs to be aligned. It should be aligned with the highest possible signal level(s) to the satellites at 101 degrees. Even if you need the B Band Converters (BBC's) and they might be required you should get programming in Standard Definition as no BBC's are needed. The BBC's are needed for the HD signals coming from 99 and 103 degree satellites. I hope that this helps and you can give more information which will eventually allow you to start viewing signals from the ether aka satellite television.

From the pics it appears to be a 4 wire lnb with an h25 receiver. That receiver does require swm and will need a swm lnb with a power inserter.

Yes it is a 4 wwire lnb and the receiver is h25-500. Stardust - Are you saying i need a different lnb to use the receiver or is there some way to get mine to work. Also what is a power inserter?

Yes it is a 4 wwire lnb and the receiver is h25-500. Stardust - Are you saying i need a different lnb to use the receiver or is there some way to get mine to work. Also what is a power inserter?

Yes you need a swm lnb to work with the h25 receiver. The power inserter looks like the attached picture & would go inside near the receiver. It is labeled accordingly.

directv_pi-21_swm_power_supply__67595_zoom.jpg

The only way to make that 4 wire lnb work is with an H24 receiver and b band converter.

The only way to make that 4 wire lnb work is with an H24 receiver and b band converter.

Not the only way. He could get a swm8 switch to connect the H25 to, since it's a swm switch.

First off thanks for all the help everyone. Raoul 5788/Stardust - Can yall explain to me the difference, I am not exactly full conversed in satellite speak. Also can you just buy an h24 receiver and use the direcTV card from the H25 receiver? Also is it even possible to just buy an h24 receiver? I am looking for the easiest way to get our Satellite up.

You can use an H24 and it will come with it's own card. You can't swap cards between boxes. A swm8 or swm16 is a switch that converts a normal signal into a swm type. It would allow you to use an H25 or HR34, both of which are swm only, with a normal non swm lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR25 and 18 inch dish

Best deal or promotion for new customer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)