Traxis & Pansat what could I get for these?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
I have a Traxis DBS-3500 and a Pansat 2500A with manuals & remotes that both work perfect. They both do USALS and have Dolby Digital outputs. I got the Traxis from Skyvision in Fergus Falls, MN and the Pansat from like DVB-Mart or something like that. I was wondering what they would be worth and where would be a good market to sell these? Thanks, Chad

the pansat is pretty much a dinosaur... but i think it has the hookups to control a servo motor. mabey you could get $20 for it...

the traxis is still a decent receiver, it has a good/ fast blind scan for dvb-s. they still sell new for around $100. but the downside of this one is it doesnt have s-video or component video out...

a good market would be ebay...

Last edited:
The Pansat is still a good blind-scanner. Being DVB-S, SD only, neither one is worth more than $25-$30 though. Agreed on eBay being a good place to sell them.

you could expect about 25 bucks for the pansat and about 50 bucks for the traxis, but thats just my opinion....ebay would be best....

well some Cband sats for sure it took 20mins... but mabey on average it was around 10- 12 mins

I have had a pansat 2500, 3500, and 9200... all pretty slow scanners, but very accurate.

when it comes to blind scanning you can either have speed or quality....you cant really have both....you need to sacrifice one for the other and vise versa....

when it comes to blind scanning you can either have speed or quality....you cant really have both....you need to sacrifice one for the other and vise versa....

Very true, my 9200 doesn't miss a thing. I've noticed it takes longer with a universal LNB than a standard. I think it scans both hi and lo band with the universal.

I've noticed it takes longer with a universal LNB than a standard.
I think it scans both hi and lo band with the universal.
Iceberg has often mentioned a trick, if you're not on a Universal satellite: - :cool:
Set the LO to 10600, and 22khz ON.
That way, you only scan the upper band of interest.

The 2500 blind scan can be painfully slow. I've got the 1500 (the same as the 2500 but no svideo or AC-3) and it can take 10+ minutes to scan a C-band sat......and god forbid there is a "no name" transponder in the bunch...well there is another 2 minutes added on to it.

but then again I've used a 1500, 2500, 3500, 5000, 6000 and 9200 and the blind scan is slow on all of them :)
Also a 2100 but that had no blind scan

The Pansat 2700 is annoyingly slow as well. For a long time, it was the only FTA receiver I'd ever used. When I first got my Visionsat, I was astonished at how fast the blind scan was. I couldn't believe the scan was actually working ;) ...

Hey! It's time you can retire that old 1500 and buy my 2500 and get the AC-3 and S-video! You also would get a very fast blind scanner in my Traxis 3500! I would give you a real good deal on both that work as good as the day they were new. I can say I've blind scanned the pansat more that once. It was too slow compared to the Traxis!

It's time you can retire that old 1500 and buy my 2500 and get the AC-3 and S-video!
oh heck no :)
That 1500 is what I use to aim the dish farm and blind scan once in a while. The thing has been dropped a few times but still keeps trucking along
(plus I have a 2500 clone here) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA newbie requesting some advise!

What I love about FTA !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)