Traxis dbs1500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cory borst

Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
Just bought Traxis 1500 sat rec. and trying to see NASA channels on AMC6 x17. But the receiver doesn't see them. Hooked up to 3 meter dish. NASA TV is on Cband. Anyone else have this equipment and can see NASA TV?

welcome :wave

Did you program it in the system?

4040 frequency
V polarity'
26665 symbol rate
5150 for LO frequency

response

At first I let it do autoscan and it kept looking at only 4 transponders. Then I went into transponder manager and entered info. Still can't find it. I have only found FTA's on a couple of satellites. There is nothing wrong with dish in fact we have 2 of them and receiver acts the same. We also have older analog recievers which tune in analog channels fine so it is not a dish problem. The receiver has pulled in 2 or 3 other satellites but not most of them. Why is it insisting that there are only 4 transponders on AMC 6? Do you get NASA TV? :confused:

I dont have C-band so I cant answer that :)

I DO get NASA on Echo7 (119) with my DBS LNB. That is FTA also :)

I heard with digital C-Band, you have to nudge the dish right or left because digital is more picky than analog. At least it is with KU band :)

You enter the information from the installation menu, not TP manager, it will not help, TP manager will only showed the information has download into the receiver.

If you has analog receiver, can you get that analog signal at 3880 V TP 9 ??

Make sure your LNB setting is 5150 for C band.

response

NASA TV on AMC 6 x9 goes away at end off month. The only way to see NASA TVNTV) is with digital MPEG2 box off of AMC 6 x17. There will be 4 channels of NTV. The first 2 are FTA's and the second 2 will be encrypted but at a later time. The encrypted channels will need to have a Wegener decoder as it is a proprietary system. I was experimenting with a Traxis box to see if a cheap box could decode NTV. I did several ways of programming the Traxis box but it has not seen any MPEG2 channels of AMC 6 and only scans 4 transponders. That is what is puzzling, the other satellites it scans anywhere from 32-65 xponders. I was wondering if anyone else has scanned AMC 6 and had the same problem.

Thanks I will try offsetting dish position. Direct TV and Dish will still carry NASA TV so it should not affect those are you on or aware of other Satellites carrying NTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I admit it I'm lazy.

Homemade Satellite Antennas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)