Transponder Qiestion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AIA_SMALZ_11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Do i need to have certain transponders selected for 101, 110 and 119 in my set-up menu on my Samsung 360? I am trying to trouble shoot the audio dropouts i'm getting on my HD channels. Anyone know which ones to select for best performance or does it not matter which ones i have selected? I've tried everything to solve the audio drop outs on my Samsung 360 for HD channels. I wanna use all my options before i return/exchange it at Best Buy. Any suggestion/help will greatly be appreciated.

It doesnt matter what transponder you set it at. Changing the transponders is only there to test what type of signals you are getting. The main transponders that Directv checks is transponders 1 and 2 on the 101 and 26 and 27 on the 119. You should always have a signal above 70 on those transponders.

When you select a channel to watch the receiver tunes to the satellite and transponder that the channel is being broadcast on.

When I tweak the alignment on my dish, I pick a TP on 101 that is the lowest (but not a spot beam) and then adjust for the best signal. This should bring all others up as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

standard installation question

Local channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)