Transfer TV Shows off of DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

atomicpyro

Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
I have a Samsung Directv DVR and I would like to transfer my shows off of it and on to my laptop. This question has probably already been asked but I NEED help! I have noticed that it has 2 USB ports and have boughten a USB Male to Male cable but have had no luck with it. Is there any open source software that I need to download? Or is there something I am missing or another way to do this, Please help!

I have never tried to do it directly from the DVR but have transfered my SVHS wedding tape etc. into my computer using a Pinnacle video editing system to get audio and video from camcorder so plugging in the DVR would be the same process.

Now I find it much easier to use my Sony DVD burner to make a DVD from anything I want to copy from the DVR then just put it in the laptop. My wife has over 200 movies she has transfered from the DVR to free up it's hard drive space.

The manual says those usb connectors are for future use so I assume someday there will be a way to transfer data the way you want to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neighboring channels

The Masters in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)