today's update to 0x45a brings back video stuttering bug!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tedaly

Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
SF bay
Wow I hate these forced upgrades with no opportunity to roll back! Back in February, a version update to 0454 introduced a bug that caused 'stuttering' in the video playback. A subsequent update (I think 0459) fixed it. Now today's 045a has brought it back. Anyone else seeing this? The video has gone choppy with missing frames. This also shows up as broken video when doing a fast forward: normally the frames float by, each frame looking good. After the failure, the frames are split vertically and are not smooth at all. This is on the playback side as programs recorded earlier and played fine earlier are now choppy, so this is *not* a reception issue. HR24/200 wiith WD esata. Anyone else seeing this? thanks, tom

I an on the CE software but my friends an d relatives on the current national release have no issues like you describe. None have the H/HR24 though.

Sorry but it's very unlikely the update is causing this. Much more likely you have a failing external hard drive. Try running the HR24 on the internal drive only and see what happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone know a cash back rebate like dishstore had last year?

Sony DSS SAT B1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)