To Far for OTA ? Are my locals going to look better with E*

1MeanGti

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Someome told me that locals look like sh*t on both D and E. Is it still going to be better than my analog cable locals. I have a new 50 .in DLP and my analog locals look like SH*T now. I was thinking that the SD locals from E* should be better than my cable analog locals. I am also going HD.

THX
MeanGTI

a couple of people answered this in your other post.

it will probably look better than analog cable, but it all depends on your cable company.

I agree, depends ALOT on the cable company.
When I switched from Suscom to Dish, all the sudden my television picture looked awesome. The extra bit that I paid for the flat CRT finally looked worthwhile.

Also, the quality of your locals might be different than someone else's. Dish tends to pick them up the same way as cable companys. With a OTA at their headend for the DMA. Where cable can suck is when extra noise is introduced into the line(s). Suscom sweared the image was great at HQ, but once it got to my street, all bets were off it seemed.

When I had DISH I would rate the PQ of local channels as follows.

1) OTA Digital
2) Analog Cable
3) DISH
4) OTA Analog

OTA analog local on Dish is noticably inferior to locals on cable. No comparison. I have locals in Miami , and a couple of the channels are almost unwatchable. Supposedly they are going to move the receiving station in a couple of months . . In the meantime, there is a lot of snow on the local PBS station here.

On the other hand, all the non-local stations look better on Dish Network, there are more of them, dvr is free, and the price is about 15 per cent less than cable.

Dish Network launches First Interactive Horse Racing Channel

Potential New Customer (Currently a Voom Customer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)