Timers

Just hook up 61.5

so if we eliminate one of the sat's like 61.5 does that mean we can no longer hook it back up?
since I have the mulit sports package I would still like to get the sports channels that are on 61.5.
or once we hook it back up we are going to lose the ability to schedule recurring OTA shows?

Just hook up 61.5 for both your sports an the HD. Leave 129 disconnected. What is on 129 that isn't on 61.5?

so if we eliminate one of the sat's like 61.5 does that mean we can no longer hook it back up?
since I have the mulit sports package I would still like to get the sports channels that are on 61.5.
or once we hook it back up we are going to lose the ability to schedule recurring OTA shows?

IF you want to use only manual timers like a vcr on your ota channels you can keep 61.5 hooked up. It won't work with name based recording if you have the same ota channels as your HD locals from DISH. Now if you "moved" to get your locals and your ota channels are from a different area, you should be fine and won't have to take 61.5 sat out of your check switch matrix.

Please forgive me. I know this is a little off topic, but what is "name based recording"? I take it that the 722k allows this. I'm still quite new to Dish.
Thank you,
Ghpr13:)

Name based recording means the timers follow the show your record no matter where it moves or the time it goes to. Manual timers are like a vcr , you set the time and it records what ever show is on at that time on that channel.

Name based recording means the timers follow the show your record no matter where it moves or the time it goes to. Manual timers are like a vcr , you set the time and it records what ever show is on at that time on that channel.

MikeD-C05,
Thanks for your answer. So does the 722k allow "name base recording"? And if it does, where would I find that info in the manual?
Thanks again!

It's part of the guide

MikeD-C05,
Thanks for your answer. So does the 722k allow "name base recording"? And if it does, where would I find that info in the manual?
Thanks again!

For name based recordings you click on the show in the guide and set it to record from there. Then it will record that show no matter if it stays at that time or moves to a different time slot. All of the VIP receivers support it.

I had a 722 installed with HD locals via dish last week, and then just today added a ota module. I was able to add my local channels and they are in the guide just fine. My locals are only on 1 sat ( 129 )

My problem appears to be with only local programs.
I added the Simpson's as a regular timer, with new episodes only selected.
This program wants to record every day, the even if the description of the event shows an original air date of 1989.

This may just be a confirmation more than a question..
I think I should set up my local recordings as Dish Pass timers so that conflicts get resolved to the ota channel.

My program guide wants to update about every day. I am not sure if this is a receiver issue or if it's just because it is new.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Safety

I had a 722 installed with HD locals via dish last week, and then just today added a ota module. I was able to add my local channels and they are in the guide just fine. My locals are only on 1 sat ( 129 )

My problem appears to be with only local programs.
I added the Simpson's as a regular timer, with new episodes only selected.
This program wants to record every day, the even if the description of the event shows an original air date of 1989.

This may just be a confirmation more than a question..
I think I should set up my local recordings as Dish Pass timers so that conflicts get resolved to the ota channel.

My program guide wants to update about every day. I am not sure if this is a receiver issue or if it's just because it is new.

Thanks for the help

The reason the Simpson's is recording is due to the fact that the date isn't set up in the guide. It's not that the timers are set wrong, but when the guide data doesn't have a correct date in it as in the original air date is only the year. It will record it to be on the safe side.

Change the timer to weekly timer from the guide and DO not use dishpass and you will get one episode a week on the day that it airs on Sunday.

Watching what's been recorded on DVR and EHD

ESPNU - CH. 148

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts