Timer remains, Timer SCHEDULE dissappears randomly each night.

snowie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
NBR Timer remains, Timer SCHEDULE disappears randomly each night.

Hi-

<snip> <snip> I'm running software version L233 in dual mode.

I am having some technical difficulty with name based recording (NBR). It may be that I have 25 scheduled events, but it may not as well.

Normally when an event is lower down in the priority list it will indicate a red, 'x' showing that it will not record.

My issue is not with the priority of the 25 or so timers I have set --likely the issue--, but that after the nightly update the timers all remain; HOWEVER, the timer schedules randomly disappear for any given timer.

The next day the timer with the missing schedule may have suddenly reappeared, but another will now have a missing schedule. E.g. Wednesday night the timer schedule for Joey is populated and indicates that it will record the show Thursday night. The early Thursday morning update runs, and suddenly the timer schedule for Joey is no longer their. No Joey :(

In short the timer remains, but the schedule is just gone after the nightly update with no indication that the show even airs. The guide information updates correctly.

To fix this issue, each day I have to delete the timer with the missing schedule, and recreate it at which point it reappears until the next nightly update.

My question is two fold. What is the timer limit, and two how do I fix this particular issue.

Yours,

Snowie

bump.

Anyone else having issues with their NBR timer schedules disappearing. The timer remains but the schedule just goes away after the nightly update.

Continuing whoa's with the 522 NBR feature.

bump :confused:

Last night it dumped all but two of my timer schedules. Anyone know the why, and the how to fix on this one?

Just Opened an, "Uncommon Trend Report."

I called Dish, and opened an infamous, "uncommon trend report."

With hope this issue is not so uncommon and can be fixed i.e. I hope it's not an ID-10-T type error.

NBR needs one Info field vs Title field to work.

In my experience, NBR on the 522 does not work, UNLESS you have set at least a couple of NBR timers to search on the Info field vs. the Title field.

<edited for content>

:rolleyes:

Reserving the right to market anything.

bump :confused: :eek: :no :mad: :(

(I must have been on the cracky crack in the post above)

Dish NBR does not work in my experience. Just tonight all of the timer schedules dumped prior to the nightly update!

ALL OF THEM! I know it's just t.v. but that's not the source of my angst. I'm not independently wealthy, and I'm paying for this junk. I'm angry over the misrepresented sale of said product.

I grow tired of paying for the privilege of innovating on my dime... NBR is NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME ESPECIALLY if they're asking their customer base to PAY for it.

(I have a feeling this is probably just another flame in a long history of flames on this topic, but I feel slightly better)

Though the idea of the 522 rocks on paper, in "reality" --outside the marketing world that most corps now days reserve the right to market, "anything!"-- this paper weight doesn't work. It's a Led Zepplin!

What is the most rock solid DVR product out their, that you actually get what you pay for? Is the grass greener at Direct TV? I could care less about the feature set comparison, as the feature set of the 522 is a fairy tale!

Well, mine is doing it as well. VERY frustrating! With 20 some-odd recordings, I have to say re-programming all of them is a pain in my a#$!!! It annoying that it shows them in the timer list, but not in the schedule! I guess I too will call DISH and hopefully if anyone else is having this issue, they will pass it on.... I'M ABOUT TO BREAK!!!

The "Tech" guys need to learn more about their 5*** receivers

522 install with existing 721 and 301 questions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)