Thinking about DISH? I'd Think again.

I am pretty pissed. I've been made out to be a fool from a company that I've given almost perfect business to for almost a decade.
This was NOT an independent dealer. I called DISH customer support directly.
And yeah, I've posted it at more than 2 sites as well.

Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number?

An FYI for the next guy that gets into a mess like this is to always to use online chat and always save a copy of the chat. That will have the CSR's name and time and will be easy to verify.

I know we shouldn't have to do this but we do. Besides Dish I use this tactic when dealing with my telephone and internet provider (cable co) and cell carrier (Verizon). One really weird thing I was recently told by Verizon sounded too good to be true so after thinking about it for a month I stared a new chat session and carefully described what I was told and asked if it was true. Well it was and I have it in "black and white" data bits with two different CSR's names.

Threads like this are 1 of the reasons I have scaled back participating here & opted out of renewing pub membership.
Have a complaint or anything negative to say about dish & the pom pom waivers come out in force with their negativity. That is fine also I'll participate elsewhere & take my money there too. The best thing here is DIRT & they are not exclusive on this site. A quick Google shows 1 DIRT member on at least 10 other sites.

The big question is "Why isn't every CSR as capable as the DIRT members?"

I'm $ure there i$ a rea$on.

Actually, I think most companies dealing with the public put minimum cost on their first level CSRs, because so many phone calls are for really minor issues. There needs to be a better way of getting to someone knowledgeable. Although I must say, I've been lucky in my dealings with Dish CSRs.

I kind of had a situation with NBA League Pass. After I received a letter telling me I had to call by a certain date to cancel, I called and cancelled. The charge still showed up on my bill. I called a second time and was told they had no record of me calling the first time. A month or so later the charge showed up on my bill again. I called a third time and they said they had no record of me calling. It is not only Dish. It seems that CSR's don't have proper oversight so they can accidentally hang up on you if they wish. How many of you have been told they will transfer your call and you end up with a dial tone? "John"

jahost said:
I kind of had a situation with NBA League Pass. After I received a letter telling me I had to call by a certain date to cancel, I called and cancelled. The charge still showed up on my bill. I called a second time and was told they had no record of me calling the first time. A month or so later the charge showed up on my bill again. I called a third time and they said they had no record of me calling. It is not only Dish. It seems that CSR's don't have proper oversight so they can accidentally hang up on you if they wish. How many of you have been told they will transfer your call and you end up with a dial tone? "John"

That's why as said before, online chat is the way to go. Chat, Print, Proof!! Had this happen to me, informed csr I had a copy of a previous chat session stating no charge for shipping a replacement receiver to me that I was actually billed for. Asked her if she wanted me to fax her a copy? That's all it took, charge reversed!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well, I decided to take the OP's advice and this afternoon I've thought about Dish, and then I thought about it again...and decided they have treated me pretty well and so I will stick with them a bit longer!

Well, I decided to take the OP's advice and this afternoon I've thought about Dish, And then I thought about it again and decided they have not added the programming that I would like, and so I will stick with Directv a bit longer! Free the HDRSN's FROM PART TIME PROGRAMMING! :D

That's why as said before, online chat is the way to go. Chat, Print, Proof!! Had this happen to me, informed csr I had a copy of a previous chat session stating no charge for shipping a replacement receiver to me that I was actually billed for. Asked her if she wanted me to fax her a copy? That's all it took, charge reversed!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've generally done this with other companies. I think I'll do this with Dish now. Just in case.

The OP must have gotten one clueless rep. Waiving the DVR fee is just laughable. I have to talk to Dish all the time and it can be sad the lack of knowledge some have. I will say that there are some that are amazing and willing to help you out and give you and promos that actually exist.

Threads like this are 1 of the reasons I have scaled back participating here & opted out of renewing pub membership.
Have a complaint or anything negative to say about dish & the pom pom waivers come out in force with their negativity. That is fine also I'll participate elsewhere & take my money there too. The best thing here is DIRT & they are not exclusive on this site. A quick Google shows 1 DIRT member on at least 10 other sites.
Why make Scott and the other Staff members of this site suffer over the actions of a few? Besides, I don't see many pom pom wavers here in this thread...most are agreeing with the OP and others are offering tips to handle such situations in the future. Isn't that what this forum is mostly about, members helping members? (and access to DIRT)

Yes, it is really bad when they told you something and it isn't like that...
To me I was offered the 922 with monthly fee of $6, not $10... and I asked about that specifically, and yes, they said $6....
Guess what amount is listed on my bill for DVR fee?

$10
And they just were sorry for the misinformation I was given.:rolleyes:

Have fun... we don't censor except in extreme cases, that's the difference between us and other sites... ;)

Then, not too long after that, her remotes kept eating batteries constantly, it was ridiculous. Again, customer service wasted her time, had to make many phone calls, they kept telling her to reset the receiver/unplug etc. ... Of course, that didn't help!!! So again, she had to yell at them, to SEND SOME REPLACEMENT REMOTES. FINALLY, they did. Guess what? The new ones were doing the same thing. Guess what? Here we go again!! Long story short, more yelling, and finally after the second set of replacement remotes, she finally got some that don't eat the batteries every 2 weeks.

There were some UHF / TV2 remotes that had issues with eating batteries. I had one like that and made them replace it and had a customer with this issue as well that I replaced the remote for.

It depends on the retailer. In the past I had a call from someone practically within sight. They told me about this great deal another retailer was offering. I told the lady that the deal was not right as Dish does not offer that type of deal and I told her the truth. I also told her that I lose a lot of customers by telling the truth. By doing so I do not have to hear them complain afterwards that I misled them and having them cancel their service and suffering the consequences. Some want to tell you what you want to hear. It appears some at Dish does the same thing if you call them. It is all in who you talk to. That is the good thing about this site. You get the truth.

It depends on the retailer. In the past I had a call from someone practically within sight. They told me about this great deal another retailer was offering. I told the lady that the deal was not right as Dish does not offer that type of deal and I told her the truth. I also told her that I lose a lot of customers by telling the truth. By doing so I do not have to hear them complain afterwards that I misled them and having them cancel their service and suffering the consequences. Some want to tell you what you want to hear. It appears some at Dish does the same thing if you call them. It is all in who you talk to. That is the good thing about this site. You get the truth.

I agree. I always like to tell the customer the truth right up front. I try not to skip anything and get all of the extra fees out so the customer is aware. If I misinform a customer and they get billed more than I told them, then I get my butt chewed out. I don't know about you follks but I do not enjoy dealing with irate customers. I do not enjoy bickering with them either. I like to be to the point. This is what it is, taked it or leave it. I may lose some customers but the ones I have are generally happy and the ones I lost usually come back.

Eastern Arc

A few n00b DVR questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)