There may be a band plan changes, by the FCC in KU band areas....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Link did not work for some reason.

KJ4EUC

Attachments

• DA-12-972A1.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 235
I just tried on Firefox and IE working fine. (I think I was logged off of satguys when i clicked the link)

Are you going to send in any comments?

For me, I think it will bring more room for satellite TV feeds and more FTA channels!!:):cool: And not only that match up the rest of the world other than ITU 2, 11.7 to 12.2 GHz region "USA and few other countrys"

ITU 1 and 3 use 10.7 GHz all the way up to 12.2 GHz bands.:hungry:

Please send E-mails to FCC to support this ideas!

My read of it is that it is for terrestrial use, not satellite, as one of the footnotes states: "We note that no applications for new Part 101 stations in the 18.3-19.3 GHz band will be accepted at this time, since that band has been reallotted to the Fixed Satellite Service."

Don't you think it's wastfull for ground relay stations, instead using for good satellite for a good use?:rolleyes: Beside the groundwave don't travel very well at this freq's don't you think?:)

I don't know how well it travels terrestrially.

I what I can say is that the FCC wouldn't make the changes if somebody wasn't lobbying for them. Any nobody spends money lobbying if there's no money in it. There would only be money in the changes if the technology exists and works. Because unless it exists and works there's no money to be made. No money, no lobbying. No lobbying, no changes.

ARRL had a bit of a write up for this. Probably will not affect Satellites, not too much as I read for Hams. Since signals are point to point, you can cross light beams and not interfere too much. As noted in another thread Military use of some frequencies does cause some TI.

Looks like no changes, they are just looking for information on frequency search and coordination activity being arranged by private for-hire frequency search/licensing companies that hasn't reached the FCC offices. For example, someone wants to use a certain frequency and another user already operating on that frequency several miles away outside of the normal interference range doesn't want them on that frequency, the FCC wants to know about it.

>>>Because applicants have the flexibility to resolve interference issues through a private frequencycoordination process, the Commission does not have information on proposed operations that are rejectedin the course of that coordination process. To fully address the Commission’s statutory obligation,therefore, WTB seeks information from the public (including, but not limited to, firms that offerfrequency coordination services, and licensees and prospective applicants in the 11 GHz, 18 GHz, and 23GHz bands)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat Rig: SkyStar2 + MediaPortal

Live streaming a live feed on the internet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)