The nerve of some people

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oceansatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2011
NE
I found this on another site, I'll warn u in advance it's hard to stomach some of his views:

(first post) c/p

just got legal notice from echo
Just got legal ducument from dish lawyers wanting 3500.00 for damages
to dish for using dark angel service.Paer shows email messages
between me and darkangel.Plus subscription from regnow.
There threatening legal action.What should i do?They want 3500.00
and me to state i wont use iks anymore.Thanks.

second (post) c/p

just got legal notice from echo

Re: just got legal notice from echo
i dont have the money for a lawyer,or even to pay half of it.Its exstortion.
I can barely make ends meet. Job doent pay anything and i had to sign up for foodstamp program to eat.You cant get blood from a turnup.

And he thought he was saving money! Anybody stupid enough to try pirating 'by internet' should not be surprised when they get caught.

Food stamps?
But he has internet to run IKS?
Man's got his priorities, eh?

But, this being the FTA department.... do we really care?

And he thought he was saving money! Anybody stupid enough to try pirating 'by internet' should not be surprised when they get caught.

It's his silent attitude of entitlement that makes me sick. Notice how he considers echo to be commiting extortion, yet in fact he does not deny that he stole.

And his cries of poverty, it's as if he u sense he felt entitled to be doing what he was doing.. He is on food stamps and his job doesn't pay alot.

As an old wise woman said to me recently "A lot of people in hell, would like a glass of ice water."

agreed!

that is the problem.... so many people have this feeling of entitlement these says....

haha sucker, all these dirtbags should get hit with 10g fines minimum haha.

Mind you I have not heard of any end users getting hit yet, I have heard it has been used as a scare tactic, I wonder if this is for real? If so many others will be hit, hope Bell does the same in Canada or Dish if they can?

I hope the right people get hit though and not the ones who's neighbours tapped into there wireless for there iks piracy.

Dear "I had to sign up for foodstamp program to eat",

You are most welcome for the "food" money that you received from my personal hard work and efforts to support my own family. I am glad to see that you have taken my money away from me and put it to good use with your purchase of pirate equipment. Now you can return the favor and support the family of a hard working DN laywer! Nice to see that everything always goes full circle and happy that you were a part of it!

If "I had to sign up for foodstamp program to eat" had come to us first, he could be watching a great PBS special with Steve Martin on OETA right now instead of eating dog food!

LOL! Sorry buddy, you took the gamble and lost, now you should not be complaining to anyone for that error because it is your own.

RADAR

Look around and it appears Dark Angel was charging $69 for 3 months of their service, which I guess is some kind of bargain until you have to make that final $3500 balloon payment! And on those "FTA" sites whose pages Google has graciously cached, seems some people's initial reaction when faced with a preponderance of evidence was one of denial as to whether Dish can really go after end users. "Is this real or another rumor?" They ponder their predicament further. "We're safe if the servers are off shore." "I signed up for a legitimate service, how was I supposed to know it was piracy?" "They have all our emails!" "Um, looks like when our friends get caught, they cough up our names." You think?

You think these folks are bold enough to fight the charges and represent themselves in court? That would be Comedy Central squared, then cubed -- and you could watch for free.

I've heard it said that sat piracy is a game of cat and mouse. Looks more like a game of Shop-Vac and mouse. Ross Perot might chime in right about now to warn of that giant sucking sound.

Last edited:
You think these folks are bold enough to fight the charges and represent themselves in court? That would be Comedy Central squared, then cubed -- and you could watch for free.

That would be very entertaining! Dish could put up a FTA channel on their satellites (instead of their boring barker channels) called "Busted! Pirates and Their Excuses!", probably would be one of the most-watched FTA comedy channels!

Dish could put up a FTA channel on their satellites (instead of their boring barker channels) called "Busted! Pirates and Their Excuses!", probably would be one of the most-watched FTA comedy channels!

Didn't they have one of those "if you are watching this you are stealing" channels? that would be an easy transition, lol.

they had two of them

1st one (when they went from the original cards to the N2 cards)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVXSxJ357pw

2nd one (from N2 to the new N3)
[youtube]X_cAzTn3c0Y[/youtube]

the interesting thing is the 2nd one they put in the clear so folks with legit FTA boxes thought DIsh was telling them they were stealing. We had a few threads on that

That would be very entertaining! Dish could put up a FTA channel on their satellites (instead of their boring barker channels) called "Busted! Pirates and Their Excuses!", probably would be one of the most-watched FTA comedy channels!

Heh, good idea! And they could put it on channel 101 part of the time for regular Dish subscribers.

One of my co workers did the card thing with Directv several years ago. He wasn't doing it for other people, just for himself. What mess him up was when he ordered the card burner on Ebay. Before long he had papers served on him and he had to appear in court with a lawyer. He had to pay a $5000 fine plus court and lawyer fees. He cannot use the Directv services anymore. Plus his wife nearly divorced him!
He said I would be amazed how many folks in my area was in court for the same thing that day. Some of them have been doing it for making money.

He should have taken their amnesty offers. I had friends in this as well. He would have paid FAR LESS and been able to stay with DirecTV if he wished too.

I hope the right people get hit though and not the ones who's neighbours tapped into there wireless for there iks piracy.

If someone's dumb enough to have an unsecured wireless network........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Openbox users, don't bother with the latest firmware from Yojia!

circular lnb to linear lnb convert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)