Thanks Gentlemen for the TiVo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Camper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Central Texas
Because of the current knowledge and good advice you guys gave me on this forum, I was able to get one of last R10's with "real" TiVo software, cheap, before March 1 from Value Electronics, hook it up two weeks later, and activate it as an "owned" receiver.

Thanks to you guys and Value Electronics for helping me to do this deal and improve my marriage by allowing my lovely wife to continue using "TiVo", one of the only electronics devices she has ever cared to learn how to work. And, she loves it.

My antique Sony TiVo had been failing, and I almost got stuck with an R15 and a lease.

You guys rock. I appreciate all the knowledge and assistance here.

I am truly a "Happy Camper" with this unit-it's lightning fast and we do love our TiVo. Since we are a Nielsen family for both broadcast and TiVo, I wonder what happens if you do get all new D* only DVRs? Does Nielsen still get all the watching and recording data?

Last edited:
is your's the R10 with 35hrs. max, or the R10 with 70 hrs. max? Or is it the HD DVR? I don't see any SD R10 TiVo on the website.

Last edited:
HBKbiggestfan said:
is your's the R10 with 35hrs. max, or the R10 with 70 hrs. max? Or is it the HD DVR? I don't see any SD R10 TiVo on the website.

There is no such thing as a high definition "R10." I got one of the last, pre-March 1st 70 hour R-10s from Value Electronics. Because it was owned prior to March 1, I activated it as an owned TiVo. The R10 is standard definition, but we also own the high def HR10-250 and another antique Sony standard def DirecTV SAT-T60 TiVo. Wife knows how to work TiVo and likes it-that's worth a lot to me.

We like TiVo software and I want to keep it until they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

You will not see many R10s anywhere, and not from DirecTV. They want to sell their own crap. Most people I know with TiVo do not want to change to D*'s system.

We are premier package subscribers, so we pay no TiVo fee.

do you happen to know if value electronics had any more? i looked on the site but nothing. did you call them to find out about yours?

HBKbiggestfan said:
do you happen to know if value electronics had any more? i looked on the site but nothing. did you call them to find out about yours?

Valu Electronics had it on their website, but I also called them. You should call them if you want one. If not, call them because you want something else. In any event, they could have answered every single one of the many questions you have laboriously typed over the past week or so.

Happy Camper said:
Valu Electronics had it on their website, but I also called them. You should call them if you want one. If not, call them because you want something else. In any event, they could have answered every single one of the many questions you have laboriously typed over the past week or so.

Wow, Im glad someone noticed my "laboriously" typed questions this week.:D

BTW Called them. in-stock...$120 including shipping not bad. Hopefully they will have them around a little while longer so i can buy one in case R15 does disappoint.

Last edited:
mikew said:
R15 does dissapoint. I only keep it for the future DirecTV2Go possibility.

Same here with disappointed. I have 2 of them, 1 I bought back in November, the other was brought out from the DVR4ME deal last month. Both are inactive and not even close to connected. Too many times it missed recording shows for me, my Tivo never misses anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AT9 same alignment as 3 LNB dish?

MHD (MTV HD) on Directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)