Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Had the privilege of trying out a new LNB (always like to try new stuff). This is a TechSAT Tracker LNB from WS International (www.wsidigital.com) that works really well. The things I like are the fact it is really small and its a .3 NF so it helps with the weak signals.

This is a LNB designed in the UK so its a Universal. But it works just as good here in the US. I decided to put it on my 36" dish aimed at G10 as I was moving the dish to another spot on my property so I figured lets try it now. I used my Pansat 1500 since it has (what I feel is) the best meter (yes its spazmastic)

I had a .6 on there so this one should blow it away and it did. Here are the results from my G10 test
(------- .6 .3)
WPXS 65 78
Retro 45 52 (the .6 flicked between 30-45...Techsat was a rock solid 50-52)
KWTO 65 74

So as you can see, I gained at least 7 points on each tranpsonder. Now I decided to put it to the test. How would this stand up to the much higher priced Invacom. It survived very well :)

Here is just a sample of a few satellites I tested
(------------- Inv Tech)

SBS6
Ohio News 78 78
WB 75 74
ABC 75 74

AMC5
NY Net 75 75
UEN 60 61

IA6
Doc 83 82
CBS feed 55 51

AMC1
Pentagon 50 48

AMC3
PBS 50 54
Montana 45 49

So all and all this little LNB worked about the same as a higher priced Invacom. And it is very light weight so there is no issue of the arm moving out of place. This would work really good for Cubavision on PAS9 (especially if you are like me and can't see Hispasat). The only drawback I see is the skew is on its side, so the coax is sticking straight out the one side (so unless its covered moisture could get into it)

SPECS
RF: 10.7-12.75 GHZ
IF: 950-2150 MHZ
LO: 9750/10600
NF: 0.3

Attachments

• tracke990.jpg
    tracke990.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 404
Hmmm, I just bought this LNBF after reading this. It works well, but the coax still faces down for me. I tried it sideways - nothing, the polarity was wrong. It's also not a Universal so maybe it's a different LNBF - but it has the same name and is made by the same company? Wierd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lots of uplinks today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)