Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I love this forum! Anyway, I am looking at the following from Sadoun:

Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA REceiver, 31" Dish with a Universal 0.4db Single LNB. I am located in Iowa - 50701. I want to watch Retro TV, and any other like stations. My other choice is the same set up, but with a motor. If I have the dish pointed at Galaxy 10, do you think this will keep me happy? I did look at Retro TV sked, and all night long that one station would keep me happy :) I am thinking that maybe as a FTA newbie, I might be better off to just start off wth the basic non motor system. Any thoughts good or bad? THANKS again for all the help!

Larry :)

I'd get a motor and install it if you just have the one dish. I think you will be happy with just G10 especially if you are into network type shows, but KU has alot to offer 4:2:0 wise on most of the satellites. There's not too many backhauls for sports on G10 if you are into sports. I'd go with a bigger dish than 31" too if you have the money and room. Here in Orange County, California (Los Angeles to Arte), 31" is too small on alot of feeds.

Looks like a good system but I would spring for the extra $15 and get a 36" dish. One of the transponders on galaxy 10 is kinda weak and a 30" you will have some signal loss. I'm in Minneapolis and I have a fixed 36" dish for G10. The 30" does work but its shaky at best on that one transponder.

You can always add a motor later. The receiver you listed is a really good one (use it myslef) and a motor can be added to that later.

You'll love Retro TV :)

THANKS! I was thinking tht $15 is pretty cheap for the upgrade. Now to convince my wife that this is "needed" I did convince her that the gun show i am going to tonight is "needed" :)

according to your zip, you're in Waterloo. Depending on what you get now for networks, you can get all nets on G10 except for NBC & CBS.

Heck even UPN from Waterloo is on there (KWWF 22) since Equity owns them (here in Mpls we get WUMN Univision on there too)

Yes, Waterloo here. I get all most of the networks through Dish Network. My problem with Dish, is that I only watch one or 2 shows so I find it hard to justify the high price. I am thinking of cutting back the Dish to the Top 60, and getting the FTA for the Retro network, and the other stuff thats there. I was looking at Lyngsat list, and saw the local station there :) Univision - I have heard of that network, do they have anything decent to watch? I have been reading tis site for many months, and am amazed at how friendly and helpfull/knowledgeable everyone is. Thanks again!

Univision is espanol (Spanish)
same with telefutura (crappy movies dubbed in Spanish)

Univision has Caliente...dont need to know the language to see younger women in bikinis dance to spanish music :)

Here is a good list (might be easier to read) of what is up there 24/7 on various satellites
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

I just looked up Univision - I thought that was the Spanish channel :) Looks like a lot of good stations! I think I will give Saudon a call. OOPS, better call the "boss" first :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Invacom LNB Question!

newbee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)