Switching to StarC* question

canuck-69

Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Hi all,

I wish I had found this forum before I ended up getting the BEV, I live near San Francisco and it turns out the channels we want are all on the even 91deg satellite transponders 4, 8 10 etc that got moved earlier this year. It sounds like a large dish doesn't completely solve the problem, nor does it sound like BEV is likely to improve reception in the south soon (let alone keep what is here).

Before I dump my new 6120 equipment, and get StarC, can I use the BEV dish and receiver to see if I can at least see the two satellites at 107.3 and 111.1? I have a hill that can't be cut down :D so I want to make sure that I still have a clear line of view. In fiddling with the setup earlier I found an echostar satellite, but I don't know how my receiver would react to another provider on differenet frequency ranges.

There is an old direct TV dish and receiver here, would that work instead?

Thanks for your help
Canuck-69@hotmail.com

Look for 110, which is a DBS satellite compatible with your receiver,
and located right between the two Ku-band satellites (107.3 and 111.1)
used by Star Choice. If you have no clearance problems with 110, the
others should work with a proper antenna (75 cm or larger elliptical, or
two separate Ku band antennas of similar or larger diameter).

Depends how old. If it is a PhaseIII dish, it looks at 101/110/119 and would definitely give you an idea of how set you are for StarChoice. If it is an older single-sat dish, it's only looking at 101.

There is an old direct TV dish and receiver here, would that work instead?

Sc Nflst

New SC guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts