Switching Receiver on "Free For All" Plan

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Woolsey Woods, GA
A while back I ordered 2 311's on the "free for all" deal. With both recievers active I get $10/month off until they're paid for. I have since bought a 721 reciever, and one of the 311's pretty much gathers dust as I really don't need 3 dish network recievers.

If I have dish disconnect one of the 311's, will I lost part of my monthly rebate? Or do I just need any two recievers connected?

You should be able to deactivate the 311 without a problem, did you go through a dealer?

If you went through a dealer, I would wait till the account was established 180 days and swap out the secondary receiver only. The primary can only be disconnected after 365 days.

I got both of the 311's directly from Dish using the free for all promo.
I bought another 721 that is on the account as well. I would still have 2 recievers on the account (1 311 + 1 721).

Derwin0 said:
I got both of the 311's directly from Dish using the free for all promo.
I bought another 721 that is on the account as well. I would still have 2 recievers on the account (1 311 + 1 721).
The R00 numbers on the 311 are tied to your $10 rebates. Cancel the secondary and you lose rebates at the end of 15Mo/ $150. Cancel the primary and rebates stop to never start again!!!
:no :no :no

You best keep both of those receivers active on the account for the first 20 months and then add any receiver that you want to have onto the account.

boba said:
The R00 numbers on the 311 are tied to your $10 rebates. Cancel the secondary and you lose rebates at the end of 15Mo/ $150. Cancel the primary and rebates stop to never start again!!!
:no :no :no
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for, woulda preferred it to be different, but oh well.
No biggee, the rebate is the same as the secondary receiver, so not really losing anything.

510 trouble shooting

Dish HD Demo channel different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)