Switch test wrong - 311 receiver, legacy Dish500 + sw21 for 148,

dschmidt

Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Hello, I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

I've got a legacy system running well for the past 6 years (dish500 quad, sw21 to another single lnb dish pointed at 148, PVR501).

I want to set up another receiver to feed into my PC for recording shows automatically using SAGE.

I've duplicated another drop into the room where the PC is - RG6 'swept' cable, Sw21, everything checks out. Friend brought over his receiver (model 4700) and switch test is good, sees all 3 satellites. I also tried my PVR501 in the other room and it too works fine.

Bought a model 311 from Ebay, plugged it in, did a switch test with nothing hooked up (per searching the threads here), then hooked up the satellite antenna and ran the switch test again. I only see satellites 119 and 148. Repeated the switch test again, same results. Tried my PVR501 - everything is fine, can see 110, 119 and 148 with good strength.

Anyone know what could be wrong? Can the 311 work with a legacy Dish500 + Sw21 + single feed lnbf pointed at 148?

311 switch test looks like this:
Input 1 1 1 1 2 2
Sat 119 119 X X 148 148
Pol odd evn X X odd evn

SuperDish and Alternate are not checked.

Thanks,
Dave

sure the 311 can work with that setup. I use to have a 301 (same model..card not built in) running 110/119/148 with a Sw21 swtup

Try and run the check switch with nothing hooked up to clear it out. Then rehook up and run check switch

It might just need a software upgrade. I seem to recall some 301/311 receivers having a problem with 110 until the current software version is downloaded to the receiver.
Reboot it. When it finishes the 5 tests, power it off with the remote. In a few minutes it 'should' start the download. When it's done, do another reset and checkswitch.

It might just need a software upgrade. I seem to recall some 301/311 receivers having a problem with 110 until the current software version is downloaded to the receiver.
Reboot it. When it finishes the 5 tests, power it off with the remote. In a few minutes it 'should' start the download. When it's done, do another reset and checkswitch.

Thanks! Looks like the FW was it!
Originally it was P317 so I left it powered up off overnight and today the FW is P435 and the check switch worked fine. Thanks!

Now I have to figure out how to re-set up my SageTV PC.

Dave

What hd dish will I recieve?

Central wisconsin may lose its Fox on locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)