Status
Please reply by conversation.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
Just talked to a D* rep, yah i know they r hit & miss w/info, but I was signing up for the St and they told me I would need one of my HD boxes replaced to get the ST expaned features, i.e. interactive stuff. I asked them if they would be replacing that for me and they said no I had to eat the cost. I thought I had heard here they were replacing the HD boxes for ST people. Also will the delay in SW2 delay the ST HD fluff they wanna charge us the extra $100 for? ty :confused:

rant~
QUIT ADDING MEANINGLESS FOREIGN CHANNEL CRAP AND GIVES SOME DAMN HD. SHI&, TNTHD HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS and we get nothing but a commercial extolling the virtues of the HD D* offers. At least Voom offered me some variety and even tried to tell me what was going on re: new offerings, though they had no clue. And yes their accounting was ^#*&#(#$%#. ~
ok done :shocked

Once its mandatory for the HD stuff in MPEG4, that should be a free/low-cost upgrade from D* told me.

There is also no HD Interactive box available right now either.

My guess is "Interactive" features will be like HD is now. You'll have to pay to play. Much like if you had an SD box and wanted HD. HD & Interactive don't necessarily go hand in hand. In fact, I can do without Interactive myself.

Here is an excerpt of an email I got from the in reply to my questions regarding Interative and HD.

"I do understand your concerns about the equipment you'll need to enjoy the new NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan channels.
Be assured that you'll be able to see all of the NFL SuperFan channels with your DIRECTV HD System, including watching up to 8 games at once on the NFL SUNDAY TICKET Game Mix Channel. While the interactive receiver does have some differences (it lets you change the audio feed on Game Mix channel game by game and tune to an individual game channel by pushing "Select") it is only a standard definition receiver and it offers no additional SuperFan features. With your current HD System, you can still watch up to eight games at once and tune to the game you want by entering the channel number, just as you have in the past."

HD games by DirecTV will not be delayed because of any new satellite because HD NFL games will use the same bandwidth they used last year. Fox is still doing 6 NFL games per week and CBS is still doing 3 games per week. That is a big reason why we aren't seeing new national HD channels because they are saving that bandwidth to carry the NFL games.

Also the NFL games will indeed be in MPEG2 "this" year because of the spaceway 2 delay. If this satellite wasn't delayed NFL ST customers who didn't have an HD DVR would get their MPEG4 replacement and would get the games in MPEG4. The original plan was to have both MPEG2 and 4. That changed to just MPEG4 only and now its back at MPEG2 only. Maybe that will change next week for all I know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is The Murdoch Family Politics A Threat To Directv?

using voom off air antenna with directv h10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)