Superdish Transponder Question

Nick2498

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
I helped a buddy install a Superdish 105 at his home. When I installed the dish, I'm able to lock on all the sats (119,110,105) but on sat 105 I am only able to lock on transponder 7 and up. Transponder 1 thru 6 will not lock. I can get a signal that will jump to around 40-50 then it drops to 0 then jumps back up again to 40-50 but it will not lock. Is there something simple that I'm overlooking with this?

Thanks,
Nick

what's your signal on the 105 transponders that do lock?

i have seen a few cases of terrestrial interference that cause the symptom you described, mainly radar detectors in the area. does your buddy get his local channels despite this problem?

Nope, the locals are broadcast on transponders 1 and 14. The receiver will only lock on transponder 7 and up. Transponder 1 thru 6 will get a signal about 40-50 for a few seconds then drop to zero then jump back up again but it wont lock. When the check switch is ran the receiver say it has polarity on all 3 sats but after running the check switch it goes to the acquring sat signal 1 of 5 and when you put it on the local channels, you get a message saying

the signal has been lost please wait or press channel up or down
Satellite 105
Channel 22
Transponder 1

The signal strength on the transponders that do lock are around 45-50

Thanks,
Nick

Depending on your location, your 105 signals should be higher than 45-50.
Here in Virginia, we get most transponders on 105 in the 70s (on a clear day).
You might need to check your alignment. What kind of signals are you getting on 119 & 110 transponders 10 & 11?

The signal for 110 and 119 is around 80-100. From what I have read, the signal for Northern Indiana is around 40-50.

Thanks,
Nick

Comcast sports net chicago ch 429 now ON!!!!!!!!!!!

My 522 vs My Replay TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)