Sunday ticket without total choice??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

58rem

Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Hi folks,

I'm brand new to this forum but I have had directv and Sunday ticket since 1998. I have a problem I hope you can help me with.

I want to get a dvr but mostly for local channels and some satellite channels. I can not get local channels on D* where I live. My local cable company has just upgraded to digital and offers dvr service. My question is: Do you think I would have any chance at all cancelling my total choice package from D* and keeping the Sunday ticket?

I would stay with D* if I could get locals, (plus I'm always a little ticked-off that I had to pay $179 for my reciever back in 98 and now they give 4 away free, and I can't even get 0ne free upgrade -- but that's not the real issue, just a peeve of mine) but the best option, unfortunitly looks like I move to cable. What do you guys think? Oh, getting rid of Sunday ticket is not an option!

Thanks!

You cannot continue Sunday Ticket without Total Choice package.... actually I think there was one lesser package you could get last year but don't think its possible this year.

58rem said:
(plus I'm always a little ticked-off that I had to pay $179 for my reciever back in 98 and now they give 4 away free, Thanks!

---Just a side note I payed $900.00 for my first directv system with out installation...that was $200 extra....so I can sympathize..hehe
Stephen

Alvarez said:
You cannot continue Sunday Ticket without Total Choice package.... actually I think there was one lesser package you could get last year but don't think its possible this year.
You should be able to drop down to Opcion Extra at $29.99/Mo. and get NFLST. That is the lowest cost qualifying package Directv offers. :)

Alvarez said:

Not true!!!

A friend of mine had Total Choice & ST starting in 97. In 2002 he dropped Total Choice. He still gets the Early Bird renewal, with payment across 4 months, every year including 2005.

Key items:
1. He met his commitment before dropping Total Choice
2. He never let his ST subscription lapse

jpn said:
Not true!!!

A friend of mine had Total Choice & ST starting in 97. In 2002 he dropped Total Choice. He still gets the Early Bird renewal, with payment across 4 months, every year including 2005.

Key items:
1. He met his commitment before dropping Total Choice
2. He never let his ST subscription lapse

As Iceberg stated, the rules have changed since '02.

As for downgrading packages, just for the sake of information, the Opcion packages are (duh) Spanish-language-oriented. There IS a Total Choice Limited, but I'm not sure of the price. I can check at work today, and let'cha know.

As for those who are peeved about the 4 rooms free offer, I'll let you in on a secret - if you call DTV and just pretty much state you're "trying to decide between DTV and DISH," the CSR *can* get you some sweet offers. Try it. ;)

58rem,
I feel your pain, (179 for receiver) except that like icstephen paid $ 900, I paid $750 for a Sony HD receiver, andam sure that it will not get replaced with a $ 750 HD form D*, probably a basic $ 200 HD. (When MPEG 4 gets here)

Jimbo

58rem said:
... I'm always a little ticked-off that I had to pay $179 for my reciever back in 98 and now they give 4 away free, and I can't even get 0ne free upgrade ...

I've heard that all D* subscribers are now entitled to one free additional receiver (with installation) per year. All you have to pay is the $14.95 handling charge.

Newshawk said:
I've heard that all D* subscribers are now entitled to one free additional receiver (with installation) per year. All you have to pay is the $14.95 handling charge.

That's absolutely correct. You have to ask about it, though; the CSR won't tell you, unless he skips the part of the script that says "do not offer to customer; order upon request only."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

When will I be a new customer again?

What to say to CSR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)