Sunday Ticket Super Fan Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
Assuming I have an HD receiver, do you need to be an HD subscriber in order to get the Sunday Ticket Super Fan, or can I get it with a simple TC programming option (no other HD).

I originally posted this in the Directv Forum. Now I see that this is probably where it belongs.

Any help?

You do not have to be an HD pack subscriber ($10.99)but you will need to have the NFL Sunday Ticket with at least the Total Choice progamming before you can get the Super Fan add on!

Perfect. Exactly what I was wondering. I am signing up for service (including NFL Ticket) on Thursday, and I have no interest in HD Content, but I was interested in super fan add-on if I can strike a deal with Directv.

Thanks

Smthkd said:
You do not have to be an HD pack subscriber ($10.99)but you will need to have the NFL Sunday Ticket with at least the Total Choice progamming before you can get the Super Fan add on!
The past 2 years the only programming I've had from D* was NFL ST (a la carte). I've read on AVS and elsewhere that this year to get ST you would have to have a base D* programming package such as total choice - or at the least one of the spanish packages at $29.99. I had resigned myself that I would have to pay at least $29.99 extra for the 4 months that NFL ST was on to get it.

I auto-renewed in July as usual and my account summary showed "NFL Sunday Ticket 2005" I started watching the NFL channel so I knew I was authorized. I thought about waiting until the season started to see if I'd get ST without a base package but I decided I can't watch just the ST SD channels - they look horrible on my set. I have to have HD so that means I needed Superfan (a.k.a. SuperSucker). When they added the SF choice to the D* website I tried to only add it but it wouldn't let me without first choosing a base package.

I knew I had to order SF by today or the price would go up from $49 to $99. I was hoping something would change and waited until last evening to finally call to order SF - fully expecting to have to add at least the spanish package. (I don't speak spanish BTW - I have cable as well as E* - I only want D* for ST).

To my pleasant surprise the CSR never mentioned adding a base package and cheerfully added SF for $49. My account now shows:

Programming Service

NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2005
NFL Sunday Ticket 2005
Local Channels

Maybe I got lucky on the 1st call ... I should have got a lottery ticket :D

So let me get this straight. You have Directv for Sunday ticket only, and cable for everything else.

And you're not paying for anything other than Sunday ticket. I never knew that was possible.

You've got it straight (except I've also got E*)

I didn't think it was possible either. Like I said I was fully expecting to have to subscribe to a package when I called to add SF.

And according to D*, this is the last year they will allow it. I'm in the same boat - an NFLST customer only, but according to the CSR, they WILL require a package to renew next year. Bummer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone else have problems getting DirecTV to come out?

Buy Now or Wait

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)