Subs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
x4 is a ku satellite (I forget which one...for some reason 4DTV has different names). It is for 4DTV...I had thought about getting one but you have to have a cband dish to download from a satellite that I cant get (sorry I cant remember which one). Sorry I couldnt be more help I have a bad case of half-himers today.

I dont know but I wish they would expand the KU 4DTV services, I bet you would see a lot of folks drop Dish and DirecTV if they could pick what they want without the need for a big dish.

It could be a HUGE market.

x4 is a ku satellite (I forget which one...for some reason 4DTV has different names). It is for 4DTV...I had thought about getting one but you have to have a cband dish to download from a satellite that I cant get (sorry I cant remember which one). Sorry I couldnt be more help I have a bad case of half-himers today.

Shucks.

I am city folk. No c-band for me.

X4 is the KU side of Galaxy 4 (G4 now G16 at 99W)

The 4DTV receivers only allow 2 characters for satellite names (and some people like to use the old names), that’s why you’ll see things like
T4 (IA8)
X0 (G10 KU side)
G0 (G10 C-band side)
W7 (AMC7)
K3 (AMC3)

Etc

You need a 4DTV to subscribe to those and if I remember, you need a C-band to take the channel map downloads (DCII is different than DVB)

I dont know but I wish they would expand the KU 4DTV services, I bet you would see a lot of folks drop Dish and DirecTV if they could pick what they want without the need for a big dish.

I don't get it either...I would sub in a second if they would do that. I don't understand why the 4DTV folks dont let you use ku only...I have too many trees to effectively use c-band (or I would have one) and because of the sat that they feed there data on I can't see. I would set it up like my FTA set up with multiple dishes around the trees.
I don't know if it would help Scott but what about trying to get some sort of push to at least get the data sent down on X4 so we could sub without a C-band dish. I'm sure allot of members would be into that. I would sign up tomorrow...especially since we are dropping D* next week and going FTA full time.

You should be able to get a 4dtv that has already been authorized for digital, and then just slave it to your dvb setup or set up a 90cm for the 4dtv, as long as the 4dtv has the maps and the tdt count is ok you will be fine, and you can sub direct from X4, one bad thing is if new channels come or Motorola remaps the X4 bird in the 4dtv you may be in for some truble, unless you have a buddy that has a C-band dish, the chances of the X4 channels being remapped are slim, but the fact that more channels may be added or some may be removed it is a bit risky.

X4 is the KU side of Galaxy 4 (G4 now G16 at 99W)

The 4DTV receivers only allow 2 characters for satellite names (and some people like to use the old names), that’s why you’ll see things like
T4 (IA8)
X0 (G10 KU side)
G0 (G10 C-band side)
W7 (AMC7)
K3 (AMC3)

Etc

You need a 4DTV to subscribe to those and if I remember, you need a C-band to take the channel map downloads (DCII is different than DVB)

Thanks, Iceberg

I've been wondering what GO satellite was..

Yes, my Dad bitches about all the channels he doesn't watch on DirecTV.. He would jump on this..

There is at least one member here who has posted in the c band section that they have been able to sub to x4 with a KU dish and a 4dtv. The main problem is as tdti says, if they change the channel maps you will need access to a c band dish to update them. Also, to get the 4dtv guide (EPG), you need to have a c band dish that can see g1.

True but the 4dtv guide ain't really all that
True, the 4dtv guide leaves some to be desired. Its slow and needs to update often, but its a lot better than what I had on my analog reciever :)
There are better guides with all the listings on the internet for a good price per year.
What are the advantages of a pay site over titantv? I havent really looked at any of the pay guides.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

c/ku bands

Bright lights... Fire Hazard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts