Strong Signal! NO QUALITY?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djrsinno

Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Texas
Hello everyone. I'm new to FTA and have a question. I purchased my system from Go Satellite Inc. whom has no technical support, so I'm hoping I could get some help from a fellow FTA person. For my receiver it's a Viewsat Ultra 2000, I do have a motor (Digipower Sg-2100)for the dish but don't have it plugged yet(until I figure whats going on), and my dish is a Winegard DS-2076 31" , with a Invacom Quad Polar LNBF.....The problem I'm having is I have a 76 signal, but 0 quality. I'm aiming at the Galaxy 25 satellite, my lat. is 30 and my long. is -97, I have the dish pointing at my true south with a elevation of 54.7. Help or advice?

I'm assuming you Do Not have the Motor on the Pole:

Connect the Cable from the Viewsat to the "L" port on the LNB

In the Viewsat's Antenna Setup Menu:
Find the Sat "Galaxy" at 97 west (this Sat has changed names a few times recently Galaxy 10R?)
LNB Power: ON
LNB Type: Standard / Single
LNB Freq: 10750
Transponder Freq: 11867 You must have an Active / Live TP selected for the Quality meter to Light-Up

Aim the Dish using a Compass to 175.5, then slowly move the Dish East / West watching for Quality.
This is much easier if you bring a TV and Receiver to the Dish.

This may or may not mean anything to you but I have an ultra and I saw this alot when I was trying to set up. When you drive the motor to a sat such as 97, read this carefully, YOU MAY NOT GET A GOOD QUALITY, you MUST have the transponder you want to hit listed in that sats folder. As an example the ultra factory sat file only has amc4/c at 101.0, you can drive the motor to 101 and actually be there and then choose a blind scan and it will get NOTHING. Then if add in the correct transponders you will geta quality and pick up channels. The ultra has 2 files, one is a .sat and one isa .cha, without an updated sat file you will get nothing, even if you use a blindscan. another example is the new pbs sat at 125, when you add the sat it will give you some TP's to scan but it will not be the correct ones, once you go to and put in the correct ones it will pull them in fine. And to make matters worse I have seen on other sats, especially those that only have feeds that you will not get a quality at all but do a blind scan and it will find channels available from the TP list. All in all get ready for a ride trying to use an ultra. You will really have to put some time onto learn the quirks of this box. It was very frustraiting to me when I started and it still ticks me off at least once a week or so. I do not know about the extremes or any other model but eh ultra is flaky, oh I almost forgot, if you use the user control to bump the motor east or west until you have a "jumping" quality such as 0-40 or so but it wil not stay stable, your most likely on the wrong sat, this has proven itself to me !00 percent of the time. I would move it to your due south sat and bump it either way until you see something and if not go back to the reference and do a blind scan and see what happens, you can pm me and I'll give you my number and tomorrow afternoon I can see if I can walk you through finding your sat. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

A criminal tells me about "FTA"

Promotional Video for DMC on G19

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)