Streaming execs think TV’s future looks a lot like its past

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC

"More ads, higher prices, and fewer big swings on prestige TV."

Don't forget the more piracy that goes along with those things. Not that I endorse it -- just a fact of life.

Reactions: Teehar and dishdude
"In fact, some execs told The Times that streamers will keep raising prices for the ad-free tiers with the aim of pushing more customers to sign up for ad-supported subscriptions instead."

I'm already on that bandwagon. I don't mind an ad here or there when I only have to pay $6.99 a month for Netflix.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
"In fact, some execs told The Times that streamers will keep raising prices for the ad-free tiers with the aim of pushing more customers to sign up for ad-supported subscriptions instead."

I'm already on that bandwagon. I don't mind an ad here or there when I only have to pay $6.99 a month for Netflix.
Even paying for the ad-free tiers, I am still paying less than I used to for Dish/DirecTV, so it is worth it to me and my wife.

Even paying for the ad-free tiers, I am still paying less than I used to for Dish/DirecTV, so it is worth it to me and my wife.
Same, I even get HBO and Showtime, which would push a typical Cable/Satellite monthly bill to the $150 range.

Average about $70 a month for all of them ad free, except Peacock ($20 Special).

I also have at the highest tiers-Paramount, Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Apple TV+, if forced to watched ads, then I will drop them.

Also, no ads on Cable/Satellite costs extra also, that DVR rental is not free.

Reactions: ncted and KAB

Paramount+ just did the opposite. Rate increase of $2 on add supported plan, $1 on add free tier (w/Showtime). See Paramount+ thread.

Paramount +

Warner, Fox, Disney to Launch Streaming Sports Joint Venture