Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Im currently using prog dvb for my 4.2.2 programming... and the elecard codecs.. Is there a way to take that feed and stream it over the internet.. I was playing with the dvb server that comes with prog with no sucess. I want to be able to stream dvb programming from my twinihan and see it from the internet while im at school... (give me something to watch while im there and its for those monday nights in class :) ie RAW .) I also am going to use it for 4:2:0.

goaliebob99 said:
Im currently using prog dvb for my 4.2.2 programming... and the elecard codecs.. Is there a way to take that feed and stream it over the internet.. I was playing with the dvb server that comes with prog with no sucess. I want to be able to stream dvb programming from my twinihan and see it from the internet while im at school... (give me something to watch while im there and its for those monday nights in class :) ie RAW .) I also am going to use it for 4:2:0.

There is a way, the problem is really the required upload bandwidth. Most ISP plans does not provide a 2Mbit upload stream.
There may be a way to feed the stream to Realserver and stream at about 300Kbit, that would allow a single connection within some upload bandwidth plans.
That would provide a 4" Realplayer picture, check out wwitv.com for streams.

Note that would be for 1 connection only. If you wanted to feed 100 users, you would need a 30Mbit upload stream.

I cant wait for WIMAX, then all of this gets very interesting!!

Good point. So if this does not need to be live then just put the file on a ftp or http server somewhere and you are all set.

Stats8 said:
There is a way, the problem is really the required upload bandwidth. Most ISP plans does not provide a 2Mbit upload stream.
There may be a way to feed the stream to Realserver and stream at about 300Kbit, that would allow a single connection within some upload bandwidth plans.
That would provide a 4" Realplayer picture, check out wwitv.com for streams.

Note that would be for 1 connection only. If you wanted to feed 100 users, you would need a 30Mbit upload stream.

I cant wait for WIMAX, then all of this gets very interesting!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

weird behaviour with onn on sbs6

Help on a reception problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)