Storm help from D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sort of on topic of this thread, I am in florida, and got directly hit by katrina on its first impact(when it was just a cat1) (broward/dade boarder, the eye literally was in my backyard)

While I lost electric for 28 hours(which was lucky since I live by a retirment hospital and fire dept, so I'm on the same grid, and is considered top priority), and loosing 3 trees (just saplings, I have no idea where they went) and comcasts cable lines are still lying in the street today (almost everyone I know with cable lost it for at least 2 days+) after my power went back on, the dish was still perfectly peaked (it is not on the roof, it is bolted to the south wall and below the overhang of my home).

Today I went into work, and spoke with 3 other persons with directv (all of them have it mounted to the roof), and 2 of them did not loose power at all, they all said that they were watching directv the whole time through the storm and never lost signal. I personally was pretty impressed, as were they (since those directv people were converts from cable thanks to my insistance).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How can I tell what will be in HDTV in advance?

HDMI, How much did it improve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)