Still having trouble picking up a signal...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hmmm I got a signal from amc 4... with this setting:
Lnb type - universal 1
lnb local freq. 9750/10600
22khz - -

I think I am on it because I got 3ABN radio and lifetalk radio which is on amc 4. But a weird thing is, I am getting 30-40 quality on every tp except tp3 which I don't know right now.. tp3 is between 89- 99 why is this? Should I keep fine tune it until I get 70 on everything else?

3ABN is just rediculously strong. My setup has similar low Quality issues, but 3ABN makes it really look lousy in comparison... don't you wish G10 was full of transponders like that ;)

CharredPC said:
3ABN is just rediculously strong. My setup has similar low Quality issues, but 3ABN makes it really look lousy in comparison... don't you wish G10 was full of transponders like that ;)

I got almost a 90 with an 18" dish for 3ABN :)

I wish all TP's on G10 were at 80-90...instead of 2 or 3

For a fixed dish trial and error............

I set them to the same height and focal distance from the dish reflector, then move them until you get signal quality on a TP. from the satellite you are after..........
For a motorized dish simply motor over until you get signal quality and then store the position.

My circular LNB is to the left of the 'main' LNB (if you are facing the dish).

To aim it I USALS over to say 91W then switch to DiSEqC 1.2 and bump it West until the signal is peaked. Save the setting and DiSEqC 1.2 will remember where that was :). I have 61.5, 91, 110, 119, and 148 all pointed via 1.2 on my system and the DiSEqC switch out at the dish picks the circular LNB if I'm looking for one of them sats. It's really cool once you get it all dialed in.

Shawn95GT said:
To aim it I USALS over to say 91W then switch to DiSEqC 1.2 and bump it West until the signal is peaked. Save the setting and DiSEqC 1.2 will remember where that was :). I have 61.5, 91, 110, 119, and 148 all pointed via 1.2 on my system and the DiSEqC switch out at the dish picks the circular LNB if I'm looking for one of them sats. It's really cool once you get it all dialed in.

No kidding! I finally used USALS and ProgDVB to align my dish's arc properly tonight, and wow, it made a difference. It dragged signal and quality up, and I have a feeling that those "fringe" sats will be findable now.

... though G10's Tube is still only 34-35% Quality :no:

I have my 1 meter Channel Master pointed at G10R and with that huge dish I still get only about a 45 on average quality on The Tube's transponder. Others on G10R average around 60 or so except for 12114 (V) 4.444, which pegs the meter at 99 constantly...

More on my success with the Channel Master dish later...

Tron

72S / 67-68Q here on the baby Primestar.

I'm thiking it has to do with location though. G10R is pretty high in the sky for me.

Last edited:
Wow! That's the absolute highest I've heard of for that transponder.

You're right, Phoenix is much closer to that bird than New Orleans :)

Tron

How far can the satellites be for 3 lnb's? I heard that it can't be more than 10 degrees?

For some reason, my quality from amc4 dropped.
It was about 60-70 before but now it is about 30-40. What would be the problem? weather would not be a problem because it is sunny outside... plus, when I first installed amc 4, it was pretty cloudy :(... tp 3 is about 90-99! I wish tp 2 was like that... I tried to fine tune it, but no luck. Maximum is 40..
Thank you in advance :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scanning

Props to the Mods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts