STB recalculate - Amiko HDSE or any STB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Recalculate is a function of the dish controller. Which one are you referring to? These commands may or may not be supported in an STB. I'm not familiar with the AmikoHD SE.

It has been a long time (pre-Amiko) since I tried it out so don't remember all the details to give you a step by step. It is for DiSEqC 1.2 only, not USALS. What it will do is shift all your stored positions by a certain amount. How it is done in each STB probably varies a bit.

Mainly used for a linear actuator with DiSEqC 1.2. It is so you can globally shift all your positions. For example if you replace you actuator and the numbers are off, it keeps you from having to go through the whole arc and reprogram each bird.

Exactly, so how do i do it? :) I have a Cband dish with a Linear actuator. I am using the Amiko HDSE and the Titanium ASC1. There is a 'recalculation' button on the Amiko. I would like to know the proper way to use this function.

On the ASC1: figure out how many counts you need to move east or west. move the dish to count 0000. now move the dish the desired correction and select the reset menu on the ASC1 and hit the position reset. You will now be at corrected count 0000.

Last edited:
On the ASC1: figure out how many counts you need to move east or west. move the dish to count 0000. now move the dish the desired correction and select the reset menu on the ASC1 and hit the satellite reset. You will now be at corrected count 0000.

This doesn't reset all the satellite positions?

Use "Reset Position" to recalculate all satellite positions to the new offset 0000 reference position.

Warning: Do not use "Reset SAT data" as this will erase all satellite positions. This will also erase all satellite names if they have been loaded via the editor software.

See page 11 in the Owners Manual

Use "Reset Position" to recalculate all satellite positions to the new offset 0000 reference position.

Warning: Do not use "Reset SAT data" as this will erase all satellite positions. This will also erase all satellite names if they have been loaded via the editor software.

See page 11 in the Owners Manual
Whoa!! thanks for correcting that. I edited my post. Guess I've been away from them too long ;)

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Manhattan receiver soon?

FTA questions/advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts