States Without Baseball Teams

People around here like the Atlanta Braves, although I personally see no reason why a bunch of Ted Turner's overpaid employees need my support. :)

Depends in the case of the Dakotas. If you're near the MN border (Fargo, Grand Forks, Sioux Falls) sure there are lots of Twins fans. Seen some at games (the Circle Me Bert signs usually gives away their location) :)

But western Dakotas maybe is different. What about states like Montana where its really far away?

For years manny in the the south and west were st louis cardinals fans. im talking about the 1930's to the 60's. the reason being one of the most powerfull raido stations in america was the flagship station for the st louis cardinals. KMOX could be herd throughout much of the USA. the only team manny states could hear on a regular basis were the cardinals. so you root for who you can hear. now with cable that changed. im sure manny have herd bob costas say he wanted to become a play by play man when he would go out to his dads (in new york) car at night and listen to the late great jack buck and harry caray broadcast the cardinal games.

Last edited:
dantheman

thats so true. WCCO in Mpls is another "Clear Channel" station so most of the upper midwest it could be heard

very interesting! I didn't know that ...thanks.

dantheman77 said:
For years manny in the the south and west were st louis cardinals fans. im talking about the 1930's to the 60's. the reason being one of the most powerfull raido stations in america was the flagship station for the st louis cardinals. KMOX could be herd throughout much of the USA. the only team manny states could hear on a regular basis were the cardinals. so you root for who you can hear. now with cable that changed. im sure manny have herd bob costas say he wanted to become a play by play man when he would go out to his dads (in new york) car at night and listen to the late great jack buck and harry caray broadcast the cardinal games.

Iceberg said:
dantheman

thats so true. WCCO in Mpls is another "Clear Channel" station so most of the upper midwest it could be heard
WJR was the blow torch for the area around hear, LIstening to Ernie Harwell was always right up there with Buck and Carey...but I do remember catching KMOX on the transister from time to time, also have picked up WBZ I think, Is that the station out of Boston, once in a great while I would catch that and also from time to time I woud catch the main station out of Chicago as well, I cannot remember the call letters though, probably WGN

Jimbo

Last edited:
I know at our lake house we use to get at night (this is on a typical night about 2 1/2 hours north of Mpls)

WCCO-Twins games
WLW-Reds
WGN-Cubs
KOA-Rockies
KMOX-Cards (that one is tough because we have a 25K station at 1130)

WTMJ is tough for Brewers games but its possible (on the right night):)

When we lived in Southern Indiana (near Louisville) everyone was hogwild for the Louisville Bats, the Reds' AAA team.

Of course here in the DFW area, we are Ranger fans, and in the NL we root for the Astros.

Neutron said:
When we lived in Southern Indiana (near Louisville) everyone was hogwild for the Louisville Bats, the Reds' AAA team.

Of course here in the DFW area, we are Ranger fans, and in the NL we root for the Astros.
I see your former Louisville Bats several times a year, when they come to town to play our Triple A International League Back to Back Champion Toledo Mud Hens !!!!

Jimbo

Louisville Slugger field is nice!!

If there are any more expansion teams to come to MLB I hope Louisville gets one.

Neutron said:
Louisville Slugger field is nice!!

If there are any more expansion teams to come to MLB I hope Louisville gets one.
You should make a trip this way, Toledo's 5/3rd field is rated the top Minor league park in the country !!!

MLB Managers out of a Job?

Top 10 Baseball Fights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts