Starting June 1, Cinema 10 changes its current format to 2 movies per day

You know if they dont go to a cinema5 format then at least they can name the Freakin channels!. Cinema 1 vs 2 vs 3 vs..10 means absolutely nothing to me in the program guide. Its silly to need an answer key to tell whether you are on a drama channel etc. It makes it even worse that they are old movies and I usually cant remember whether the title is a comedy or drama etc.They named epics didnt they? what are they waiting for?

babyj said:
oh no. more crap from the 50s.

those are the years playing right now babyj. 60's thru 2000 basically. WTF do you want? HBO movies?

I am not a big old movie fan but I think they are offering a good mix of old movies.

vurbano said:

those are the years playing right now babyj. 60's thru 2000 basically. WTF do you want? HBO movies?

I am not a big old movie fan but I think they are offering a good mix of old movies.

yes i would want some hbo movies hahaha.

ok let me rephrase..more 2 star movies which nobody wants to watch. i know majority of u wouldnt watch the cinema 10 channels if u had any other choice.

AMC-SD

is a profit channel. It is carried nationally by all DBS and cable companies. If AMC-HD is created I would think this one will also be sold to other providers to make a profit.

hoo-ray, more movies per day that I don't want to watch.

My lineup starts at HDNews then I skip to Monsters. Cinema 10 just SUCKS. Mix in a movie that made money from the past 15 years once in awhile.

astrossuperfan said:
My lineup starts at HDNews then I skip to Monsters. Cinema 10 just SUCKS. Mix in a movie that made money from the past 15 years once in awhile.
Im not going to bash Cin10. But I do agree with th above statement. There are a ton of movies out there. I dont expect VOOM to go ahead and snatch up classic movies. Hell, they had Miss Buring on the other day. A really good movie. Clockwork Orange was on...a very good movie. I still scan through the Cin10 but I rarely stop to watch. Hell, if Monsters HD can get classics like Evil Dead and Night of the Living Dead and Amityville Horror and Texas Chainsaw Mass....Cin 10 can surely get movies like Duel...Planet of the Apes....Close Encounters....even movies like Ghostbusters(which was on TNTHD) or Ghost...Back to the Future...Grease....movies that you can stop and say wow I remember seeing this...the above movies arent my favorite movies. They were popular at one time. Im not saying that Cin 10 stinks. But I dont need more of what we have right now....I just would like the same amount of movies , but better ones. They dont have to be new....just good ones. There are endless movies out there ...you remember Starman? Not popular but it was a sleeper hit back in the day. Not to mention a good movie. Pick some good movies.....change the format if you like but put some better movies on.

vinnyv07 said:
I just would like the same amount of movies , but better ones. They dont have to be new....just good ones. There are endless movies out there ...you remember Starman? Not popular but it was a sleeper hit back in the day. Not to mention a good movie. Pick some good movies.....change the format if you like but put some better movies on.

Agreed. Old movies can be great -- a lot of them are better than new movies. My issue with Cinema 10 is not that the movies are old, but that a lot of them were not very good movies to begin with, and they are not any better 30 or 40 years later. Cinema 10 has shown some highly-regarded movies (Clockwork Orange, My Life as a Dog, Four Weddings and a Funeral, and several Woody Allen pictures come to mind). But a lot of what is on just seems like old "B" movies.

Personally I don't care whether they name the channels or not. I'm interested in the movie, not which cinema channel its playing on. "Epics" has had some some of the same movies as Cinema 10. I don't know what makes something suitable for use on "Epics" and don't particularly care -- if I like it, I'll watch it, no matter how its labeled.

One man's trash...

I sat and watched "humanoids from the deep" last night with my son who's home from college. We laughed our asses off! I hate to think he would have missed this "tidbit" it it weren't for Cinema10.

Sometime a bad movie is a good experience...

TechCop said:
I sat and watched "humanoids from the deep" last night with my son who's home from college. We laughed our asses off! I hate to think he would have missed this "tidbit" it it weren't for Cinema10.

Sometime a bad movie is a good experience...

Then Cinema 10 will give you lots of good experiences ;)

more changes----HD Divine - channel 110 (see below & attached press release)
Gunslingers - channel 109 (westerns)
Classics - channel 107 (classic movies)
HD World Cinema - channel 102 (foreign film

I will say on topic, I promise. I hope R* puts a good amount of effort into improving all the R* originals, not just 1. If you want to snag an audience, upgrade gunslingers. NOBODY bring up licenses or money, because R* has proved willing to spend for the content it wants. Add these movies to gunslingers. In no particular order

1. Magnificent Seven
2. Shane
3. Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood Trilogy
4. Pale Rider
5. Unforgiven
6. Silverado (only movie with Kevin Costner allowed)
7. High Noon
8. The Searchers

9 and 10 can be the ones I forgot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)