splitting uhf signal on dual tuner

jonathoncasey said:
Would a monster cable splitter be much better than the radioshack splitter that I already have. I would definitely pay the extra money for better reception.

First off I re-read this thread, I don't think your using a diplexer so as far as my previous post, please ignore.

Anyhow this is what I've learned as to tell if a splitter is any good or not. If you can push the back of the splitter in with your thumb it's garbage - otherwise your fine. IIRC all radio shack splitters can be pushed in with your thumb.

jonathoncasey said:
Hi,

I have a dual tuner through Dish Network. My rg 6 cable from each room was all run to outside of my house. From the diplexer outside of my house, I have a three way splitter on the uhf. Well, one television that is connected to the splitter looks fine, however, the other two look horrible. I've tried switching from twist on connectors to professionally installed crimped. I've tried adding a amplifier. I've also tried using a two way splitter instead of a three and it didn't help. How can I get good signal from All televisions on the splitter? Could it be due to the fact that the split occurs on the outside of the house and there is a lot of cable in between the split and the bedroom tvs?

Jonathon

Check your connections at the wallplate in those two rooms.

It is very possible you have a bad connector there, most likely on the inside of the wallplate.

Guys,

I switched from my radioshack 4-way splitter to a Phillips 5 star 4-way splitter, and the signal is almost perfect.

Time of show

Yet Another Failed Install Attempt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)