Spectrum Analyzer PCI Cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Raysat67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Easton, PA
Just curious what the latest is out there regarding a receiver card with spectrum analyzer capabilities. I would like to get started on scanning satillites to see what is being broadcasted. I have read up on the BLSA Broadlogic cards but everything I find seems to be dated. Hopefully someone can set me in the right direction as my FTA hobby evolves!

Are the TBS8922 and Omicom similiar to to the BLSA PCI card? I'm basically looking to be able to turn my dish and look for activity with the spectrum analyzer more or less for the atlantic birds. I see some people use TSReader as well.

The TBS BlindScan software doesn't offer a Spectrum Analyser screen just basic transponder location for DVBS and DVBS2.

The TBS BlindScan software doesn't offer a Spectrum Analyser screen just basic transponder location for DVBS and DVBS2.

but you can use some TBS cards with Crazyscan software for a rough spectrum analyzer setup.

I've never used the BLSA analyzer but I would think Crazyscan is better (current FTA hobby modes supported and not limited to just DVB-S or DSS formats, probably faster scan, and you can click on the spectrum "drawing" to check potentials, etc).

I just saw a Youtube video showing what crazyscan can do and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Any good links/info for the software and what hardware is supported?
Thanks for your input.

I just saw a Youtube video showing what crazyscan can do and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Any good links/info for the software and what hardware is supported?
Thanks for your input.

I am currently using a TBS6925 it's fully supported with CrazyScan for spectrum analysis and point and click blindscan plus it handles the newer modulations and modes.

I logged a DVB-S2 32APSK feed on 22w here in Europe a few months ago and seen the odd 16APSK feed as well.

I am thinking may you guys in North America maybe like a screen capture video of me analysing and partially blindscanning to save time my full arc here in South Wales of 45e - 45w?

Last edited:
Thanks for your input.

Omicom S2, TT S2-1600, Prof 7301/7500/8000, TBS 6925 V1&2, TBS QBox2(5920), QBox-CI(5980), 5925.

TBS 8910, Prof 6200, TeVii S420.

Just ordered a TBS 8920. Looking forward to installing that into a dedicated PC for just this purpose. My next project for the spring is to finally install a BUD!

TBS 8920 doesn't supported in CrazyScan, be carefull. See the list of supported cards above.
I think you have a time to cancel your order because today is Sunday.

Last edited:
You can't really associate blindscan with being able to give a read out of the spectrum some cards that can't blindscan can give a read of out the spectrum.
Since we giving particular models for particular purpose, you could provide same with you deep philosophical phrase. :)

Magic thanks for the link , I hadn't seen that before. Oh well, serves me right for not looking into this a little more before I made a purchase.

Since we giving particular models for particular purpose, you could provide same with you deep philosophical phrase. :)

I don't know exact models that can do one or the other or both but know they exist and shouldn't be confused.

I gave my advice earlier with what I have the TBS6925, its expensive yes but can both blindscan and give a spectrum read out and also can demodulate the new modes and modulations of DVB-S2 and it has a symbol rate floor of 0200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

C-Band vs KU Band

Pansat 9500 hdx asking for password

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)