Sould I hook up my 211 to ethernet?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Is there any advantage to hooking up my 211 to ethernet? I have ethernet hooked up to my 722. But to hook up the 211, I would have to buy a switcher and two short ethernet cables. I do not have a telephone in my house and the 211 is not required to be hooked up, so are there any advantages to hooking up the 211? Circuit City has the linksys switcher on sale for $15. and two ethernet cables are $2 each plus shipping.

Sorry to steal this topic but why start a new one when a similar one is open. What does hooking it up to the net do? I have a Vip222 and a network cable to it already ( I ran a ton of wires to each sat. before my install). I haven't hooked it up. I am currently bundled with Windstream (phone company) if that matters.

I have the 211 hooked up to the EHD, but an not interested in VOD. Only hooked up the 722 to avoid the monthly charge, since I do not have a telephone line(cell only).

Dual TV tuners can have the $5 phone line connection waiver added with either phone line or ethernet.

211 doesn't have dual tuner design and does not fall in the category with $5 phone line fee devices.

[Why we should add confusion to the simple thread ? Why all the threads drifting off-topic after exhausted answers in first few posts ? Because nothing to add ?]

I have the 211 hooked up to the EHD, but an not interested in VOD. Only hooked up the 722 to avoid the monthly charge, since I do not have a telephone line(cell only).

If you have your 722 hooked up, by means of the homeplug technolgy, it will also pick up the 211 if it just plugged into a wall outlet.

Insurance or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts