SOOPER NOOB QUESTION

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SAVEGAS

Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
US Midwest
Hola Group -

I was just turned on the FTA technology by a friend and I'm extremely interested in getting started.

I have an engineering background and the ability to read, comprehend and apply.

i'm coming from the notion that I know NOTHING - In fact if I knew that knew nothing that would be something, but I don't even know that.

I'm an extremely technical person and can swallow complex information.

MY big question is, Can someone please send me to links where I might educate myself in all things FTA?

I'm looking for HD solutions.

Thanks to All!

Vegas

Look no further .............

Welcome to Satellite Guys !!!

I'm not HD ready with my Satellite yet but plenty of other members here are and they'll be chiming in througout the day.

Feel free to read the many threads that have been opened for setting up and other technical support.

You can use the search window with keywords and find specific information.

...MY big question is, Can someone please send me to links where I might educate myself in all things FTA?

I'm looking for HD solutions....

Vegas

Hi Vegas and welcome to the group.

For starters, you can look at what the advertisers have to offer (above) and see what they have for sale.

Then, using the "Search" link above, you can search for "HD solutions".
There are plenty of terrific Forum threads to read.

Overall all, if you spend enough time reading the varous threads located here in the forum, you can't go wrong. Look at some of the posted pictures to see how some folks setup their systems. You can go with a fixed or an array of fixed dishes, or a motorized dish. Also keep in mind there is C band and Ku band.

Good luck.

I'm in the process of sponging up all the info I can...

I've found a bunch of information out there, but I've also found some stuff that is extremely questionable like FTA Files/keys? What's the story with that OR is that part of the Taboo subject here? I'm treading lightly as I really don't know what is what

- Aerospace composites; Yes, that I know - Sat transmissions and ethics surrounding same; not so much

The keys are used by hackers to steal programing.

If you use a dish under 6 feet the only 24/7 HD channel you will receive is PBS, but If you get HD equipment you can receive HD feeds during events.

EDIT - Take a look at TheList to see the 24/7 SD programing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Weak G28 Signals

Old Equipment Info Needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)