Sonicview 8000 - Almost no Sats?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I have the factory file from this site in my Sonicview 8000 and am wondering why there are so few satellites listed in any menus?
I also managed to get the old BUD set on G-19, 97W.
I was wondering if there is a tutorial on this site that I cannot find that gives all the info you need to get the 8000 to pick up something?

RT

That reciever is made for hacking so it would not be uncommon for not a lot of fta satellites in the menu, but it is very easy to add your own satellites and TPs so I would suggest doing that

I have the same receiver and find that the sat selection is quite adequate. Are you sure you did a factory reset before and after you loaded the file from this site? Did you use the cleaner file and follow the instructions exactly? I Didnt the first time and had troubles until I followed step by step. It is a decent receiver with legitimate TRUE FTA uses, not solely an eye-patch unit.

Sent from my Desire HD using SatelliteGuys

the factory file should be in the download section here :)

I know a few folks use it and it does have flaws but works pretty good

That reciever is made for hacking so it would not be uncommon for not a lot of fta satellites in the menu, but it is very easy to add your own satellites and TPs so I would suggest doing that
It had and still has 110, 118, & 129 on it so my guess that is what someone used it for before I received it. Will look into the adding sats.

I have the same receiver and find that the sat selection is quite adequate. Are you sure you did a factory reset before and after you loaded the file from this site? Did you use the cleaner file and follow the instructions exactly? I Didnt the first time and had troubles until I followed step by step. It is a decent receiver with legitimate TRUE FTA uses, not solely an eye-patch unit.

Sent from my Desire HD using SatelliteGuys
Cleaner file? I only found the loader and the factory file. Followed instructions VERY carefully. I know of someone that did not when loading firmware and bricked what they had. Did not want to have that happen.

the factory file should be in the download section here :)

I know a few folks use it and it does have flaws but works pretty good
As my post stated, I did that.
Thanks all!

RT.

Once hacker firmware is loaded, it is difficult to remove it 100% try running the cleaner file 3 or 4 times in a row

In my experience with that receiver, the echostar satellites are NOT in the satellite list when factory software is installed

you sure?
I know int he 360Premium they were. They were in the list in numerical order and not the 1st ones in the list

you sure?
I know int he 360Premium they were. They were in the list in numerical order and not the 1st ones in the list

Maybe the 8000 is different,

I sold an 8000 on ebay and the buyer emailed me and asked what was wrong with the receiver because he could not find the echostar satellites in the list, I told him they won't be there until he loads his eye patch software, might be different for the premier or elite, not sure

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Special SAT TALK Show TONIGHT (Friday, 6/17/2010) at 10PM ET

weathernation tv launch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)