Some Sirius Channels MIA?

pbrown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
West Coast
Flipping through the Sirius channels on Dish tonight (10pm PST, 11/27/2004), I noticed that 6007 and 6009 are not showing up in my guide anymore and I can't tune to them. I listen to 6009 all the time, and I know it was there as recently as last wednesday. Anyone else notice any missing Sirius channels, or have any guess as to why these ones are gone? I hope they come back. Are Sirius 7 and 9 gone the regular Sirius linup? Any help, thanks in advance.

Well, those channels are back on Saturday, weird. I wonder if it was a 921 thing, or a dish thing, or what. No harm done.

Shady45 is being uplinked but for some reason is not turned on yet for subscribers. I recently asked Dish Network why it was not turned on and they refused to answer.

I wonder if it is because it is a "premium" channel, much like the talk channels and Howard Stern will be. May be part of the Eminem contract that it can't be redistributed.

Gotta love flipping through Sirius and hitting a Backstreet Boys song. It's wonderful to have a reason to continue flipping the channel. :)

According to Howard Stern's website, his channel will not be a premium channel just part of the normal package. I think this is also the case with Shade 45.

Found this on the Sirius website:

"Shade 45 will feature a full lineup of on-air hosts and mixers, including Eminem's DJ, Green Lantern. The channel will be available to all SIRIUS subscribers at no extra charge over the standard monthly fee of $12.95."

peallen said:
According to Howard Stern's website, his channel will not be a premium channel just part of the normal package. I think this is also the case with Shade 45.

Found this on the Sirius website:

"Shade 45 will feature a full lineup of on-air hosts and mixers, including Eminem's DJ, Green Lantern. The channel will be available to all SIRIUS subscribers at no extra charge over the standard monthly fee of $12.95."

Aren't the regular talk channels also available at no extra charge above the 12.95/month fee?

Sorry, I guess what I meant was that it was special content created by a "premium" talent. None of the channels on Sirius cost more then the base subscription price.

pbrown said:
I noticed that 6007 and 6009 are not showing up in my guide anymore and I can't tune to them.

I've had issues with my 921 omitting subscribed channels and adding hidden/premium channels intermittently. Usually a power button reset or card removal and re-insert fixes everything and then it is business as usual for 30-60 days again. :D

Only One Hair Left!!!!

OTA Recording Options

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)