So what will Dish put on in place of CNNfn

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Now that CNNfn is shutting down tonite. What will Dish put up in its place?

Bob N1WBD

The Clock Channel...

Not sure if its going to be the Analog of Digital version. :)

Now that is COMPELLING content. :D

(Actaully the channel will have a barker screen up for a few days saying tha CNN-FN has ceased transmitting and will give a number at turner for people to call with more questions)

I don't know why they didn't mention this on the Charlie Chat or the Retailer chat today.

They probably didn't mention it cause they most likely got barely any emails of folks that were concerned. I've never watched the channel in my life.

My guess: nothing for now.

But when they raise the subscription rates, they will add another channel as "justification".

Dish Network thinks we're dumb.

The dropping of one channel doesn't affect (or is it effect :) ) the rate of packages. But there will probably be channel adds, hopefully one will go to AT120 and not AT180 as others have in the past.

n1wbd said:
Now that CNNfn is shutting down tonite. What will Dish put up in its place?
They ended up locking out the channel at midnight with a "special event not available for purchase" error screen. Couldn't be bothered to make up a slate.

The 6am time slot has an open lock, so perhaps there will be a slate by then? They pulled the slate for FSN Chicago this morning so it's not like they don't have a slate generator available.

The last hours of CNNfn were CNNi - with the CNNi logo instead of the CNNfn logo on screen. Wishful thinking.

JL

justalurker said:
They ended up locking out the channel at midnight with a "special event not available for purchase" error screen. Couldn't be bothered to make up a slate.

The 6am time slot has an open lock, so perhaps there will be a slate by then? They pulled the slate for FSN Chicago this morning so it's not like they don't have a slate generator available.

The last hours of CNNfn were CNNi - with the CNNi logo instead of the CNNfn logo on screen. Wishful thinking.

JL
nooooooooo the last thing shown on that channel was a promo for cnn fn..then it went to snow

Oxygen is the big request, but they have to agree on co$t first. That is probably what is keeping ox off of dish. Probably Ox price per subscriber is too high.

The stations that never make it on Dish are the ones that want to be added to AT60. I think oxygen is one of those channels that wants AT60 placement, so because of this we may never see them.

They're saving the bandwidth for the YES network....

Ha ha ha ha..... wooh, sometimes I just crack myself up. YES, that'll happen soon.....

NOT!

juan said:
justalurker said:
nooooooooo the last thing shown on that channel was a promo for cnn fn..then it went to snow
With all due respect, which is none, that nooooooooo is wrong.

Read what I wrote again. "The last hours of CNNfn".

The last program on 206 was "World Report" (instead of the normal rerun of Dolans). Normally at Midnight ET CNNfn would flip to CNN Today from CNN International, but the on screen logo during the show would be CNNfn's, not the CNN International globe. On the final night of CNNfn the globe was there instead of the fn logo.

World Report ended at about 11:57
"Closed Captioning provided by the Invention Submission Corporation"
Their advert
CNN US promo with Anderson Cooper telling news story to guy at desk
CNN International promo Global Business Influentials
"This is CNNfn" bumper
CNN US promo "Paging Dr Gupta" on American Morning
CNN US promo "CNN Presents: The Two Marys"
"This is CNNfn" bumper (again - guess they had another few seconds to fill)
BLACK
Static (looks like signal loss on E*'s receiver with output piped through to viewers)
A few seconds of audio then locked out.

Perhaps you are confusing bumpers (which ID a station) with promos (which tell you why or what to watch) but the point is, the programs on the last evening of CNNfn were not the normal CNNfn feed ... they were CNN International's programs with CNN-I's logo where fn's would have been seen.

JL

Multichannel News reported this week that E* has signed a carriage agreement for the new Fox Reality Channel - they are expecting (obviously) to sign on with D* as well.

Blecch. I wish this whole reality fad would just DIE already.....

Hopefully this deal comes with the rights to carry a national or East/West Fox HD feed to make this pill go down easier......

They better replace it with something quick, and it better not be some crap channel either. I'd say put on Trio in it's place but that channel is dead too, oh well. How about NFL NETWORK, please Charlie??

BobMurdoch said:
Blecch. I wish this whole reality fad would just DIE already.....

Hopefully this deal comes with the rights to carry a national or East/West Fox HD feed to make this pill go down easier......

Or at least cram all of that dreck onto one channel, and start putting normal tv shows back on tv. I HATE these so-called "reality" shows.

Echostar buying Voom?

Installing new image

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts