So I'm playing with my Point Dish settings

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
SAT119, Transponder 01 finds a Spotbeam with a signal strength of 58, yet when I go to the list, this is the only entry that could possibly be it:

6868 UP29 Virtual Channel MPEG4 HD 119°W 01 8PSK (2/3) [SIZE=-2]Spotbeam A20[/SIZE] Not Available

It's the only Spotbeam A20 listing, and it's the only spotbeam on transponder 01 that comes even close to my location (Jacksonville FL). What could this be, and if it says "not available", then why do I have such a strong signal?

You may not be receiving any programming from that transponder but it is a part of the signal the receiver has downloaded. Normally when you run a check switch test, the receiver will check all transpnders for signal reguardless of whether they are broacasting programming or not.

Raymond Gonzales

You may not be receiving any programming from that transponder but it is a part of the signal the receiver has downloaded. Normally when you run a check switch test, the receiver will check all transpnders for signal reguardless of whether they are broacasting programming or not.

Raymond Gonzales

:welcomeTo SatelliteGuys Raymond! You can set up a signature in your user settings. Like Matt has below.

Thread hijack! But I'll let it slide this time. :)

Welcome Raymond to the team!

Distance from dish to receiver problems?

Vip722 DVR output to Philips dvd recorder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)