Slimline mini mast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Already replaced 1. The moron that installed it just took up and placed it anywhere instead of looking for the solid part of the roof, needless to say the customer wasn't happy I had to remove our dish from it and move it. It was directly in a tree too so it was a no line of sight once the trees start to bloom

LOL, are you saying they aren't magic? say it isn't so..

charper1 said:
LOL, are you saying they aren't magic? say it isn't so..

They're actually really great! Great idea on Directv's part no monopoles required! However depending in the roofs pitch it could turn nasty if an installer doesn't realize what they're doing. I would have 1 if I was a fan of roof mounts. Me personally, throw a pole in the ground with 100lbs of concrete and be done :)

Probably the snow in a normal winter would bury the dish! We have had virtually no snow this year. Last year I had to shovel 30" of snow from my roof!

Probably the snow in a normal winter would bury the dish! We have had virtually no snow this year. Last year I had to shovel 30" of snow from my roof!

But amazing for us here in SOCAL where it never snows..

I recently installed on on a job in Boise. I really like this mount. We don't get a lot of snow in Boise and I mounted with the dish on the roof pointed away from the roof. That is clear as mud huh? Anyway I will be doing more. Just wish there was a leveling system like with the regular slimline masts. Other than that this mount made the install look much nicer.

These have been out for quite some time. I know I had few about 5 months ago then we did not see them again. Now they are becoming more available.

They basically have to be on a low pitch roof, but makes it nice not having to put 10 lags in the roof. Don't have to deal with the mono poles, and are much more solid when installed correctly.

I recently installed on on a job in Boise. I really like this mount. We don't get a lot of snow in Boise and I mounted with the dish on the roof pointed away from the roof. That is clear as mud huh? Anyway I will be doing more. Just wish there was a leveling system like with the regular slimline masts. Other than that this mount made the install look much nicer.

If you are talking about the built in bubble level, why do you use it at all? A post level is much more accurate, although not as convenient.

raoul5788 said:
If you are talking about the built in bubble level, why do you use it at all? A post level is much more accurate, although not as convenient.

You can't spin the mast. It's straight up and down so the roof itself needs to be level or you're in for problems

You can't spin the mast. It's straight up and down so the roof itself needs to be level or you're in for problems

That makes no sense. There is no such thing as a perfectly flat anything, much less a roof. Are you saying there is no way to adjust the mast for plumb?

raoul5788 said:
That makes no sense. There is no such thing as a perfectly flat anything, much less a roof. Are you saying there is no way to adjust the mast for plumb?

Yup, that's the downfall to it

I understand what you guys are saying about the mast, but it makes no sense. If you can't plumb the mast properly, how can you adjust the dish without having to change the skew and elevation from the normal settings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

36" World Direct Dish Assembly Manual 36DSHRO-02

Does DirecTV have an "answer" to the Hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts