Slimline 3 SWM Missing transponders and a bird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcintire123

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
Pennsylvania, United States
Well my Slimline 3 SWM setup is missing 5 transponders on 101. And 103 is all zeros as well. Tried reaiming to no avail.... Think my dish may be warped? I do live in an area with alot of nebby children, just wanted to get some input before I replace the reflector... Thanks in advance.

mcintire123 said:
Well my Slimline 3 SWM setup is missing 5 transponders on 101. And 103 is all zeros as well. Tried reaiming to no avail.... Think my dish may be warped? I do live in an area with alot of nebby children, just wanted to get some input before I replace the reflector... Thanks in advance.

Need actual TP numbers but it sounds like the LNB might be bad if it's all zeros on 103. Is the 101 at an acceptable level?

Btw, your sig reminds me of an avenged sevenfold song every time I read it. Just wanted to throw that out there.

101 - 75 55 75 0 70 82 73 83
69 57 74 0 72 86 72 86
67 88 73 0 72 86 74 85
70 65 72 86 69 85 71 86

99C - 83 82 79 79 80 90 78 79
78 80 77 79 80 80 - -- --

99 S all zero on available trans.

103 S Ca and Cb all zero on available trans.

ZIP 15944

And yea I know but I wanted to give props to the original author and Fear and Loathing haha

Yea, I went out and tried hashing it out for an hour while the wife watched the signal meter. Even tried ignoring the good transponders and tried just to get the zeros to go away to no avail... But then again, how is today any different than any other day? As if it was gonna be easy haha

Have you checked all of the other things that need to be right? Is the mast plumb, are the cables good, are the connections tight with no extraneous strands of wire, is the dish tight on the mast?

Those 0's on 101 are spotbeams not available in your area so don't worry about those.

WOW, can't believe nobody mentioned this first. :eek: I guess someone should also mention that you will ALSO have dead x-ponders on the Ka birds, for the HD local spotbeams.
But agree the OP's alignment looks off from those other (low) numbers...

Correct alignment will have many of the 101 transponders in the high 90s or even 100. And unless the dish is aligned correctly on 101, you probably won't see ANY signals on 103ca/cb. Signals on 103ca/cb should be in the 90s. 103s (and 99s) carries only HD locals via spotbeams so seeing low or even zero signals there is quite normal.

Just got back from a full rich day, thank you for the responses. I tried re-aligning the dish. Everywhich way there is cannot get it any better now. All the connections are good and the mast is still plumb. Missing some channels all together , quite a few actually. Theres a mark on the dish where it looks like something hit it so I am still wondering if my reflector is bent...

WOW, can't believe nobody mentioned this first. :eek: I guess someone should also mention that you will ALSO have dead x-ponders on the Ka birds, for the HD local spotbeams.
But agree the OP's alignment looks off from those other (low) numbers...

True the 0's on the bird are normal, but the rest of his numbers are WAY low as well.

Just got back from a full rich day, thank you for the responses. I tried re-aligning the dish. Everywhich way there is cannot get it any better now. All the connections are good and the mast is still plumb. Missing some channels all together , quite a few actually. Theres a mark on the dish where it looks like something hit it so I am still wondering if my reflector is bent...

It takes alot for a reflector to get bent because of the shape that it's in and the edge around it. I'm thinking it's out of alignment as well as possibly a LNB going bad, if your not able to fine tune it .

agreed.
i had a similar situation 5 months ago and i had to replace the reflector because it was SLIGHTLY bent. you can barely see it but it was there. had changed everything else before the reflector without any improvement. but i don't think its a common issue. i still don't know how that was bent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Missing Some OTA Channels. Any ideas?

DTV's Questionable Autopay procedures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)