single mode 622 for SD only ?

gary s

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 9, 2003
Southern Cal
We recently upgraded to a 622 for single mode use on an HDtv and have the platinum HD package.

If I could find a 622 for the buy to lease after rebate program at a Costco in my area, would I be able to use it in single mode on an SD only tv and be able to get all the HD channels (although video would only be in SD) and if so would I be able to listen in 5.1 dolby digital if connected through my surround sound system with optical cable when watching the HD channels on my SD tv.

And the downconverted HD would look pretty good too. On my tuner-2, SD tv, I get the best picture I have ever had on that set (Sony WEGA 27" 4:3) when viewing down-converted HD.

And the downconverted HD would look pretty good too. On my tuner-2, SD tv, I get the best picture I have ever had on that set (Sony WEGA 27" 4:3) when viewing down-converted HD.

Thanks for the replies!

The tv I would be using would be a Sony WEGA 24" 4:3.

I have called all the Costcos in Southern California and they only have Directv receivers or down around San Diego they just have the DishNetwork activation deal. So, it looks like I am out of luck unless I can find a Costco in another part of the country that might ship a 622 to me. But, that is doubtful. Guess I have to wait a year to get another 622.

Thanks for the replies!

The tv I would be using would be a Sony WEGA 24" 4:3.

I have called all the Costcos in Southern California and they only have Directv receivers or down around San Diego they just have the DishNetwork activation deal. So, it looks like I am out of luck unless I can find a Costco in another part of the country that might ship a 622 to me. But, that is doubtful. Guess I have to wait a year to get another 622.

Why don't you check with dishstore.net and see what they have?

Why don't you check with dishstore.net and see what they have?

Just checked. I can't afford the $499. they are asking for the 622. I was wanting the Costco purchase with rebate making it $199 and changing it to a lease that I have read about. Just seems like a way to get around the one lease upgrade a year through Dish.

118.7 without a "+" dish LNB????

Almost a new Dish Network Customer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)