Significantly Viewed Availabilty

BCSA5115

Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Delaware
I had two questions about LILs. When will they be available to subscribers? I live in Central Delaware (PHILLY DMA). What, if any LILs would be available to me. On cable, Salisbury is on the channels along with Philly ones.. I was hoping to get Baltimore, since my regional sports network is CSNMA.

I think you're talking about significantly viewed stations, not LIL. Because LIL is pretty straight forward and Dish already has 151 markets up, including Philly.

But you pretty much have the gist of it. If cable is offering double sets of locals, than most likely you will be able to get the same channels on satellite.

BCSA5115 said:
When will they be available to subscribers?
It will be at least four months from now, most likely April at the earliest.

The FCC has 60 days to prepare a list of Significantly Viewed stations and make it public. The list will be on their website (by law) and will give the stations and additional communities where the station CAN be carried by satellite providers.

The satellite providers must (by law) give 60 day notice before adding Significantly Viewed channels. If they sprung into action the day the list is released it could not be less than two months away, and the FCC has two months to make the list. (And no provider is required to offer Significantly Viewed channels.)

Be patient. E* wants this law to gain an equal footing with cable. They will get the channels on as soon as possible - but it will take time due to the delays built in to the law.

JL

Some problems that many would face is the fact that one could be in a Dish500 market and need a SuperDish to get the "significantly viewed" stations in the neighboring DMA or someone may have a 105 SuperDish needing the 121 SuperDish to receive the neighboring DMA's locals or vice versa. What would really suck is if some areas that were a Dish500 market would need both 105 and 121 to get all of the significantly viewed stations. Dish Network would probably leave it up to the consumers to purchase the hardware needed to view those stations.

One could take a map from ekb and color code it to indicate each color for a different type of dish such as SD-105, SD-121, 110, 119.

Took my patio outlet!

Remote Control Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts