Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
Glendale, AZ
Hi,
I recently put up a dish and I was happy with the signal stregth of around 88. We had a strong storm last night that completely soaked the ground and when the skies cleared, I noticed that the signal strength was down to 77. I kind of figured that the dish had been knocked out of alignment, but that was not the case as I was unable to get a stronger signal. Can this problem have something to do with the cable being buried in wet soil? Any ideas on what else might be causing the problem? Do I need to somehow waterproof the connection between the lnb and coaxial cable as well as where I have the two coaxial cables connected together? Thanks for the help.

There's sealant and stuff that you can get for connections to prevent any issues like that. Could be the problem, hope its not a permanent one so that you need to replace that cable though.

My guess is that if you can only get a signal strength of 88 then a tree is in your line of sight.If this is the case it is not the buried wires BUT the water that is left on the tree after the rain that is distorting your signal.As stated above you should water proof all outside connections also.

Thanks guys,
I disconnected all the cables and let everything dry out. After I hooked the cables back up, the signal was back to 88 again. I went ahead and sealed everthing and that should take care of the problem. Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectTV HD vs Voom HD quality

Direct TV/TiVo Box Query

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)