Signal splitting for old Directtv Dish type

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JoeyfromBowie

Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Bowie, MD
Hey everybody, it's my first post. I have an old dish type. The kind where the signal comes out on one line for local and regular channels. How do I split it? Do I have to destack it or is there a multi-switch that I can buy? I would appreciate any help you might be able to give.
Thanx
:D

JoeyfromBowie said:
Hey everybody, it's my first post. I have an old dish type. The kind where the signal comes out on one line for local and regular channels. How do I split it? Do I have to destack it or is there a multi-switch that I can buy? I would appreciate any help you might be able to give.
Thanx
:D
You can not split, once you do, you will only get half or one side of the channels.

You need a dual LNB and a 3 x 4 switch if you intend to has at least two receivers.

If you only have 2 standard (non-DVR/TiVo) receivers, then all you need is a dual LNB. If you have 1 DVR & 1 standard, or 2 DVR, then you need the 3x4 ms.

The question here is how many coax connectors do you have on your LNB? if you have two, then you can use a multiswitch to connect the two standard and one DVR receivers to the dish. If, however, the LNB has only one coax connector, then you need to replace the LNB. It should be easy to find and replace. Most RadioShacks carry it, you might find it at WalMart, BB or CC, and if you shop online, there are many places to buy, including ValueElectronics, a supporter of this site.

BTW, when someone refers to a "single" or "dual" LNB, they are referring to the number of outputs on a single LNB. If they are referring to a dish capable of receiving multiple satellites, they will talk of a 2, 3 or 5 LNB dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4x4 and 3x4 Multi-switch together

Transponder B & C Failed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts