Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Hey guys...help me out :)

was watching G10 last night (WEW) and turned on Lick TV. The signal quality on this TP is a lot lower than it use to be....USe to be a 60-62 and was at 44 last night. This is 11719 (the one with K2TV, Tube, Lick TV) and the other main one (11799) was at its normal 75-77.

Can someone check signal quality (especially if they have a Pansat so we're on the even here) what the quality is on their 11719? (and 11799 too) :)

30" dish and old ExpressVu Ku LNBF

I've noticed it seems to move around like that--not just wobble, either, because for a couple days I'll get it in at 60 or so and then it'll go down to 40-45. Right now for me it's pretty low around 40 on my Pansat 2500A.

I am getting around 45% on both TP. right now with breakup, but its also VERY wet here right now Iceberg as you are about to find out : (

Used Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra to check.

And finally around 36% on Satwork ST 3618, both TP. I am done now, you are on your own : )

must have been bad weather or something...the 11799 is still at 75 and 11719 is back to 50-55 :)

signal level and quality (Lick tv) g10

running a 60cm patriot ku dish with sg-2100 motek, 2x1 diseqc switch and rca dbs line amp with pansat 2500A. Lick tv transponder giving me 87% Level and a steady 75% quality on tp 11718 27.691 ms/s. weather is clear in west virginia right now. I did notice that tp 11799V quality is down from 72%-75% to 59% to 65%. tp 12114 , 4444 ms/s showing 81% level and 90%-92% quality (up a few points). Is this change due to panamsat changing outputs of tp's or is it maybe orbital wobble, or maybe my dish slightly moved? Do any of you guys experience this normally? :)

Mine was the dish...I swear the Hotdish should be renamed the sh**dish. I had no problems for almost a year and now I have to readjust it again....

11719 is around 60
11799 is around 45

The motorized one gets 75 on 11719 and around 65 on 11799

Guess I'll have to readjust the dish at G10 tonight before it snows :)

nice to see im not the only one who gets low quality reading off of those TP's with a satworks 3618/ 30" dish combo. i usually have a quality reading ~41-45% on the Tube and Lick tv, thought i needed to climb back on the roof and peak some more, brrrrrrrrrrrr........

satworks 3618-76 cm winegard -10' mesh -18" pizza dish for audio-enough rg6 cable ran that i should have bought stock in the company

drhydro
The Satwork has a lower quality reading than the Pansat...so your numbers may be right.

If someone else that has a Satwork could chime in, that would be great! :)

Its the same with the Fortec : ( You just cant beat the Satworks for solid steady quality readings (even though the quality level is set low)
On the plus side the USALS settings on the Fortec are spot on so there is no real need to change them, this depends on how good your install is of course!

maddawg said:
That's one thing I hate about pansats. Never ending fluctuatinq quality bar.

amen on that one......I was watching a college hockey feed over the weekend and the bar kept jumping between 55-75 and everything in between :(

Checking quality readings on my Satwork/30" Wynegard this morning:

The Tube (11719) 37%
KWBM (11799) 43%

1000+ ft RG-6 in my house

I agree with Dr. Hydro, I should have also bought stock in Belden Cable Corp, since i have around approx 1000+ feet of RG-6 Quad-shield that runs from my multimedia chasis and small headend in one of my closets that runs to every room, my gazebo 180ft away in the back yard underground in 3/4 schedule 40 conduit, Plus three runs to my garage. It could have maybe been called "Hydtrukbeld Cable corp" LOL. This is not to mention the dishes, lnbf's, diseqc switches, motors, crimp on ends, ground blocks, Multi-switches. Whoo-makes my wallet hurt just thinking about it. LOL :shocked

G-10R signal Level/quality

very interesting, right now we are having a pretty good rain. tp 11799V is still at 81% and quality still at 62%(the exact same as yesterday when the sky was clear and sunny. all other tp's have dropped a little on both quality and level. I still seem to suspect panamsat has something to do with this. they could maybe change power levels on tp's instantly to accomodate weather patterns?

truckracer
rain may not do much...its the thick heavy clods that does in the signal :)

Hydtrukbeld cable corp :) i like it. I did notice on my satworks that all of the FTA transponders on anik f1 / f2 (c band) come in at ~90%

Status
Please reply by conversation.

im getting ready what do you think?

IA-8 Launch Temporarily On Hold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)