Signal Decrease on 129

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Yesterday it was raining very lightly, nothing that would normally stop a signal from getting to the the set, yet most of my 129 stations were not available or pixelizing badly.
I checked signal strength and the highest I had was 52. Most were down in the 20s or 30s.
Called dish and the csr said I could not expect to get stations when it is raining, but call back when the rain stops and let us know your signal strength.
Today with clear sky, I checked my 129S and all were up in strength but at least 10 or more percent from normal. My 60 strengths were in the high 40S.
Csr said that was too weak and are sending out another tech to check out my antenna for the 3rd time.
I told her to specify not to send to two preceding guys as they are very rude and call me an idiot etc and that the 50;s is the strongest I can expect, and if I call dish again they will ignore it.
Told csr this and she requested a new or different installer be sent Mon pm.
Anyone else have this happen.

129 can be and is a pain at times. If you have a seperate dish installed for 129 it will increase signal strength as it will be the primary focus for that particular dish.

dude2 said:
Yesterday it was raining very lightly, nothing that would normally stop a signal from getting to the the set, yet most of my 129 stations were not available or pixelizing badly.
I checked signal strength and the highest I had was 52. Most were down in the 20s or 30s.
Called dish and the csr said I could not expect to get stations when it is raining, but call back when the rain stops and let us know your signal strength.
Today with clear sky, I checked my 129S and all were up in strength but at least 10 or more percent from normal. My 60 strengths were in the high 40S.
Csr said that was too weak and are sending out another tech to check out my antenna for the 3rd time.
I told her to specify not to send to two preceding guys as they are very rude and call me an idiot etc and that the 50;s is the strongest I can expect, and if I call dish again they will ignore it.
Told csr this and she requested a new or different installer be sent Mon pm.
Anyone else have this happen.

The 129 is cumbersome to obtain on a D1000. It must have been my lucky day a few weeks ago when I was able to tune a D1000 with the 119/110 at about 108 points with the 129 in the upper 90s on most transponders.

Typically its around 90 on 119/110 129 around upper 70's.

Some days you have it some days you dont, nonetheless your signals should definately be higher, keep in mind I don't know where your located either.

Save the headache and ask specifically for a wing dish at 61.5.

jamesalan9 said:
I heard the D1000 is weaker depending on what part of the country you are in

Not exactly, although the D1000 is a bit too small.
It's the footprint of 129 that's the problem - can't even use it in parts ot New England and Florida.

fred

What I do not get is on a good day like today, my 129 signals were in the 70S and 80S and now on a nice day like today they are in the 70S for the highest and in the 50S for most.
Did the satellite loose power.
I have noticed in another web site there is quite allot of discussion of the loss of signal on 129 but no one seems to know why. The basic assumption is the software upgrade did it. Is it now giving a more realistic signal or what?

129 and its weird signal is one I have not been able to figure out, how it can vary so much. I do know that they change the transponders the locals are on so that might be a part explaination of it plus they boosted power on some transponders.

dish review after 2 months - new customer

DNASP not updating for 625's - problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts